Welcome to Abita Kai (pronounced A-bit-a Kai), an airy oceanfront villa with a private pool and new dock on a barefoot, white sand beach in Cayman Kai. The calm shallow waters behind this unique villa offer a wide palette of blue and turquoise colors as well as warm orange sunsets.
The most unique feature of Abita Kai is that the villa, pool area, and beach are all wheelchair-accessible. The elevator, pool lift, and a beach wheelchair are available upon request. It is the only larger luxury villa in the Rum Point area that offers this level of accessibility, while also being friendly for those who don't need the accessibility items.
The estate includes a 3 bedroom-4 bathroom villa and a detached 2 bedroom-2 bathroom guest cottage above the garage. With a galley kitchen and living/TV area, the detached cottage is a great option for teenagers, grandparents, pilots or staff to live on-premises but maintain privacy by having two roofs within the same oceanfront estate, all within walking distance of restaurants and watersports.
Save the festive holidays, the homeowner offers a discounted rate for small groups (8 or fewer guests) renting the 3BR/4BA main house only—see Rates tab for pricing.
The oceanfront two-story screened atrium spans the entire width of the main house, allowing guests to savor tropical Caribbean views from all 3 oceanfront bedroom suites, including the living room and kitchen.
This home ticks all the boxes for a large, active family looking for the privacy of a luxury villa on a calm, swimmable barefoot beach but within walking distance of The Kaibo Marina & Restaurants. The Kaibo offers water sports, a fine-dining restaurant, downstairs bar, casual restaurant with take-out service, coffee shop and marina with fishing, snorkel and scuba charters. A passenger ferry service, operated by Cayman Ferries, departs to Camana Bay & Seven Mile Beach from the Kaibo Marina.
Abita Kai’s Notable Features
- Oceanfront infinity pool & sundeck.
- Private dock for boat/jet ski rental or private snorkel/scuba charter pick-up.
- 2 single kayaks* and 1 paddleboard provided by the owner.
- Pool heat available in winter months for an additional daily charge.
- Outdoor shower to prevent sand from tracking indoors.
- A home security system for peace of mind during your stay (upon request).
- Barefoot beach stretching half a mile in either direction for long walks along the shore.
- Twice-filtered water available at each kitchen sink
- Propane Grill and Burner for cooking outdoors
- 70" HDTV with Apple TV, cable programming, and DVD player in the main house; flat-screen with Apple TV only in the cottage. Main house master suite also has cable channels.
The estate has been licensed by the Cayman Islands' Department of Tourism to accommodate up to 16 guests total, 12 adults max. Infants sleeping in cribs do not count against occupancy. Pack-n-plays and baby equipment are complimentary through Silver Thatch Guest Services.
Abita Kai’s Sleeping Arrangements
(Sleeps 16 guests total, 12 adults max)
- Master Suite - located on the second floor of the main house with oceanfront views, king bed, ensuite bath with roll-in accessible shower. Cable-ready TV, sliding glass doors to screened atrium balcony.
- Upper Guest Suite - second floor of the main house, oceanfront views, 2 queen beds, ensuite bath with both walk-in shower and separate tub/shower combination. Sliding glass doors to screened atrium balcony.
- Lower Guest Suite - first floor of the main house, king bed, ensuite bath with walk-in shower. Sliding door access to the screened atrium.
- Guest Cottage Master Suite - king bed, ensuite bath with glass-enclosed shower, ocean views, private balcony.
- Guest Cottage Bunk Suite - two sets of bunk beds (queen-over-queen and twin-over-twin), ensuite bath with tub/shower combination, garden views.
The famous Rum Point Club is also only a short walk away from the villa offering sandy beaches, water sports, and a beach bar & grill for a quick bite to eat.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Additional tandem kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
Abita Kai enjoys a beautiful barefoot white-sandy beach and northwestern sunset views facing the Stingray Sandbar & protective reef. You can walk barefoot all the way down to Starfish Point about 1/2 mile away, and north for about 1/2 mile as well.
The Kaibo is only 200 yards from the house and is an excellent place to grab your morning coffee, a casual lunch, takeout pizza for the kids, or enjoy an elegant dinner in their "Upstairs" fine dining restaurant.
The Kaibo also has a marina and is where many private charters will collect guests for private deep-sea fishing trips, snorkel safaris, or charters to Stingray City. Cayman Ferries also departs from the Kaibo across the sound to Camana Bay and Seven Mile Beach. It's the perfect day trip for guests wanting to explore, shop, or dine on Seven Mile Beach.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
- Special event/dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on the same day
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $3,000 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Additional tandem kayaks & paddleboards available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Abita KaiGrand Cayman ,
19 user reviewsstars based on
Perfect once in a lifetime family vacation
Most Memorable Vacation
10 out of 10
Awesome Staycation Week!
Abita Kai is Abita Heaven!
Summer in Heaven
Thanksgiving on Cayman
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Owner requires a $2,500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Lower Occupancy Discounts
Owner offers lower rates for fewer guests:
- Groups of 8 or fewer guests renting just the 3-bedroom main villa, over non-holiday nights, receive a $200 discount off the daily rate.
- The guest cottage will be locked off for the duration of your stay.
Discounts are automatically applied against the full base rent when entering your dates and number of guests.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 10 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 27.3 miles (52 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.