Avocado Cottage is a 2-bedroom oceanfront home in West Bay at the northern tip of Cayman's western peninsula. Architecturally identical to the other three cottages surrounding it, this cozy getaway can sleep 5 guests, 4 adults max.
Each floor plan opens to the sea with a pergola extending over the front porch creating an elevated lounging perch with ocean views. The bedroom suites sit on opposite wings of the cottage for maximum privacy with direct access to the front porch.
Bed & Bathroom Layout
(Sleeps 5 guests total, 4 adults max)
- Primary Suite - king bed, TV with Apple TV device, garden and ocean views, ensuite bath with modern fixtures, large jacuzzi tub, stand-alone rain shower.
- Guest Suite - queen bed, TV with Apple TV device, garden and ocean views, ensuite bath with modern fixtures, European shower-tub combo.
- A roll-away bed is available in each cottage.
Each cottage features a vaulted great room with ocean views encompassing the living, dining and kitchen areas. The professionally-decorated interiors combine soothing hues, natural textures, and modern materials to evoke an updated island vibe.
The kitchen is outfitted with stainless appliances including a side-by-side refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, electric range, and modern appliances. The kitchens are fully stocked with plates, glassware, flatware, and serving pieces. A family dining table sits adjacent to the kitchen with seating for all.
The living area is punctuated with a colorful accent wall and a flat-screen TV with an Apple TV device. The ocean views also make quite a statement. Each cottage is also equipped with a full washer and dryer, personal safe, and wifi.
We usually require a 3-night minimum, however, during the low season the owner may consider shorter stays. Please inquire prior to booking.
ABOUT SEA ORCHARD RETREAT
Sea Orchard Retreat is a boutique gated resort of oceanfront cottages on the quiet north coast of West Bay in beautiful Grand Cayman. Located just 10 minutes from Seven Mile Beach, guests can enjoy all the resorts, water-sports, restaurants, and leisure activities the area has to offer. The shops of George Town & Camana Bay are also only a short drive away.**
The resort consists of four individual 2-bedroom cottages, a large resort pool with heated spa and cabanas, a fitness center, and seaside hammocks under sea grape trees.
With 400 feet of natural shoreline perched on a reef-protected marine park, guests can enjoy a vibrant snorkeling experience or kayaking adventure. While it has a sandy beach, that is raked periodically, it's not a barefoot swimming beach. However, guests are provided both snorkeling gear and complimentary water shoes for exploring.
Famous Ristorante Pappagallo is within walking distance while the new Kimpton Seafire Resort & Spa is less than 10 minutes away by cab. Barkers Beach, an oceanfront nature conservancy home to nesting turtles, birds, and other fauna is a short 5-minute walk away. Since there is no Uber or Lyft on-island you might want to consider a rental car. The resort has gated on-site parking.
SEA ORCHARD RETREAT AMENITIES
- 60-foot oceanfront pool and hot tub
- Poolside cabana, plus loungers, umbrellas, and sun bed
- 2 dining tables each with seating for 12
- Fitness Center (treadmill, elliptical, universal, stretching, weight set with bench)
- Multiple beachfront cabanas for yoga, reading, inspiration, massage
- Hammocks hung within the sea grape trees along the shore
- Snorkeling equipment provided
- Kayaks, paddles and life jackets provided
- Beach towels are provided in each cottage
SEA ORCHARD RETREAT SERVICES
- Optional Airport Transport service (mini-van, US$50 each way)**
- Mid-week housekeeping scheduled by our guests (7-day stay required)
- Free WiFi/Internet in each cottage
OUR PREFERRED VENDOR SERVICES (charges apply)
- Scuba Diving Trips
- Stingray Sandbar/Snorkeling Trips
- Grocery & Beverage Pre-Stocking
- Fishing Trips (deep sea, reef or flyfishing)
- Horseback Riding
- Cayman Helicopters
- Dolphin Discovery
- Botanical Garden
- Crystal Cave Tours
Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Airport transportation must be arranged in advance. We strongly recommend a rental car or using taxis for transportation to restaurants, shopping, and off-site excursions. There is no Uber or Lyft service on-island.
Show more details ...
Sea Orchard Retreat is a gated oceanfront boutique resort with 4 private well-decorated 2-bedroom, 2-bath villas surrounding an oceanfront pool and spa.
The actual beach here is sandy, however, the shoreline can be pebbly & rocky as one enters the water to snorkel. Our guests will use kayaks to access the shallow snorkeling reef and coral heads.
Sea Orchard Retreat is less than 10 minutes from the barefoot swimming on Seven Mile Beach, as well as all the restaurants, resorts, and water sports offered.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
Guest Reviews of Avocado Cottage375E Conch Point Road Grand Cayman , ----
17 user reviewsstars based on
Avocado + Other Cottages
Tranquility and kindness at its best
Perfect in every way
Amazing Wedding Spot
Nice setting, spacious cottage
Peaceful and Private
Thank you! Please come back soon!
Grand Cayman Villas
Cozy & comfortable!
Best get away with a touch of authentic.
Great Luxurious Property!!
What A Perfect Vacation
A Secret Spot
Fantastic Small Resort
Thank you for your kind words. Fiona takes great care of the property! Please come back soon!!!
- 3 nights minimum stay required.
- 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Inquire for Last-Minute Discounts!
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- No check-ins over Christmas Day, Boxing Day (Dec 26), and Easter Sunday.
- Must be 21 years or older to book and must occupy the cottage during the entire rental period.
- Small weddings encouraged! Supplemental refundable wedding deposit required.
- Local resident rates available.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- Cleaning fee added for enhanced pre-arrival & post-departure cleaning
- Owner requires a $500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- Rollaway bed provided for 5th guest, 12 or younger.
- Infants under 2 do not count towards occupancy.
- Pack 'n Plays are provided at no additional charge.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.