- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
Castle Guesthouse is directly oceanfront on an elevated cliff. While it shares a two-acre gated lot and private beach with the larger Cayman Castle, it is quite private, tucked over 70 feet (more than the combined setbacks between most oceanfront neighbors) away from the Castle.
The Guesthouse boasts its own driveway, utilities, garage, satellite dish, grill, and freshwater pool. The Guesthouse's pool faces east, while the main Castle pool faces due south ensuring privacy among guests.
(Sleeps 6 guests total, 4 adults max)
- Primary Suite: ocean views, king bed, desk and chair, sitting area, ceiling fan, ensuite bath with a large walk-in shower
- Family Suite: ocean views, queen bed + a set of bunk beds, ensuite bath with dual vanities, and walk-in shower.
Castle Guesthouse’s Notable Features
- Comfortable oceanfront living area with sectional couch, flat-screen satellite TV and Apple TV.
- Modern kitchen with stainless appliances, dishware, cookware, and cutlery.
- The Guesthouse offers the same quality construction and luxury finishes as The Castle including granite counters, glass-block showers, and bright new furniture.
- The Guesthouse offers a covered oceanfront veranda with sectional sofa and Adirondack chairs.
- A zoysia grass lawn also provides room for sunbathing on chaise loungers.
- The pool is cliff-edged, so families with children should probably look elsewhere for accommodation.
- Charcoal grill (access to Castle propane grill area if no guests at Castle)
- Covered front porch with Adirondack chairs
- Private driveway with plenty of off-street parking.
Castle Guesthouse is offered occasionally as a separate 2 bedroom rental, or within 60 days of booking if the main Castle is booked alone.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Additional Silver Thatch tandem kayaks available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
Cayman Castle & Guesthouse sits on a 2 acre gated estate in Gun Bay in East End. Adjacent to 6 acres of government land that includes the Wreck of the 10 Sails park and the East End Constable's residence & office, guests are sure to have ample privacy during their stay.
The Castle Guesthouse is cliff-edged with no direct beach access, however, guests have access to the Castle beach just off the villa's driveway. We have a 250 foot stretch of beach...plenty to go around! The beach is shared by guests staying at the Castle & Guesthouse only. We have three thatched palapas, 4 kayaks and 9 lounge chaises on this beautiful white sandy beach.
The water here is more for snorkeling than swimming. There is a great snorkeling site, 200 yards straight out from the castle, marked with a white PVC pole. You may tie up the kayaks to that pole while snorkling. Since this is a marine environment we recommend guests wear pool shoes or fins for foot protection. If you want barefoot swimming, we sugegst visiting two resorts mentioned below.
2-3 lunch places are within walking distance and Tukka Restaurant is only a mile north. Two miles further north are the 2 large resorts (The Reef and Morritts) offering manicured beaches, pools, restaurants, bars and watersports. These resorts are great places to entertain older kids and for anyone to spend the day.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Castle GuesthouseGrand Cayman ,
1 user reviewsstars based on
Relaxation at its Best
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays
- Owner requires a $500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 31 minutes from the airport, Owen Roberts International (GCM)
- 4 minutes from our Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 18 minutes to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Countryside
- 10 minutes to La Casita restaurant
- 13 minutes to Tukka East restaurant and the Cayman Parrot Sanctuary.
- 16 minutes to The Italian Kitchen restaurant
- 1 minute to Heritage Beach
- 4 minutes to The Blowholes
- 18 minutes to Spotts Public Beach
- 20 minutes to Rum Point Beach (temporarily closed)
- 24 minutes to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill and Starfish Point
- 36 minutes to Seven Mile Beach
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.