Cayman Dream sits directly oceanfront in Rum Point along the north coast. Featuring Caribbean-style architecture and a sizable oceanfront pool, Cayman Dream is a great getaway for small families or a pair of vacationing couples.
The sandy beach is perfect for long walks or just lounging by the water. The shallows offer excellent fish watching with plenty of marine life for guests to discover. Cayman Dream is very private, so you can relax, kick back, and enjoy your beachfront retreat.
A sandy elevated backyard also offers excellent ocean views. Rich landscaping, a circular driveway, and a gingerbread Caribbean design provide a great first impression.
(Sleeps 6 guests total, 4 adults max)
- Master Suite: king bed, oceanfront views, walk-out access to the screened porch, ensuite bath with soaking tub and walk-in shower.
- Family Bedroom: queen bed, set of twin bunk beds for children, ocean views, opens onto the screened porch, full bath with a walk-in shower adjacent to queen bedroom.
- A cozy oceanfront living area and separate TV den with loveseat and chairs.
- Modern kitchen equipped with all standard appliances, dishware, cookware, and cutlery.
- Outdoor dining table with plenty of comfortable seating.
- Indoor dining table for six.
Excellent vacation home for small families, or small group getaways.
^Reduced rates offered to small groups not requiring all bedrooms. See the Rates tab for pricing.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch kayaks not available for delivery at this villa (owner request).
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but also can have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations. The closer you get to Rum Point usually the sandier the beach, as well as the swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life you will want to pool shoes or fins for foot protection.
It is important to mention that the water near the reef in this area gets quite deep and can have currents. We recommend staying shallow in the Rum Point area for this reason.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, water sports, a restaurant and bar, gift shop and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo, a beach restaurant, bar, and marina
Lastly, we have 2 large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches plus restaurants, a grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a coffee/pastry shop. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet ski rentals, wind surfing, kiteboarding, ocean front pools and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Cayman Dream1224 Rum Point Drive Grand Cayman , KY
23 user reviewsstars based on
perfect house and the perfect location
One, If Not The Best, Property We Have Ever Stayed In
Cayman Dream is aptly named!
Cayman Dream is aptly named!
Thank you for your kind words. Glad you had a nice stay. The screened porch and pool areas are wonderful! Please come back again soon!
Our new favorite vacation place!
Please come back soon!
Cayman Dream villa
Wonderful Family Vacation Home
Wonderful, Cute Cayman Cottage!
Away from the Madness of 7 Mile Beach
Dream Come True
Cayman Dream was Our Dream
Hidden Gem ~ Thanks for the Memories
quiet and private.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's are split into two rental periods. Please inquire directly with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays
- Owner requires a $500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 6.8 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 24.1 miles (46 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.