Cayman Sands is an oceanfront villa in Old Man Bay along the north coast. With an open, one-story design, Cayman Sands offers guests an intimate experience across 4,000 sq ft. of living space, plus a one-bedroom detached guest cottage.
The main house features 4 bedroom suites with attached baths that have been completely re-tiled and renovated. Both oceanfront suites have walkout access to either the screened pool atrium or the sun deck. Cayman Sands was thoughtfully designed to be opened up on cool winter nights when air conditioning isn't necessary.
The freshwater pool is protected by a screened atrium keeping local wildlife and insects at bay from ruining your stay. Optional pool heat is available in the winter months for an additional surcharge. The pool atrium comes furnished with a sectional sofa and dining table perfect for evening cocktails or outdoor dining.
The view of the large sandy beach is framed by the two wings of the house, an oceanfront gazebo, and two hammocks ideal for long afternoons relaxing with a book or simply enjoying the views.
An oceanfront vaulted great room floods the villa with natural light and stunning views through 30 feet of sliding glass doors. A recently upgraded kitchen offers all the modern appliances you would expect, as well as dishware, cookware, and cutlery.
The living area is furnished with a wall-mounted television, plush couches, and a sleeper sofa for small children only.
(Sleeps 10 adults max., 14 guests total)
- Primary Suite: ocean views, king bed, desk + chair, walkout access to the pool atrium and sun deck, ensuite with shower.
- Queen Suite: ocean views, queen bed, desk + chair, walkout access to the pool atrium and sun deck, footpath to the ocean gazebo, ensuite with shower equipped with dual shower heads and water wand.
- Twin Suite: garden views, 2 twin beds, ensuite with shower bath; beds can be fitted into a king bed upon request.
- Bunk Suite: garden views, 2 sets of bunk beds, ensuite with a shower bath.
- Guest Cottage: detached cottage, queen bed, kitchenette, television, screened porch, ensuite with shower.
- Additional Sleeping: sleeper sofa in the TV den for small children only.
The guest cottage is NEVER rented separately to unrelated guests during your stay--it is there if you need it.
Cayman Sands can be rented in two configurations: as a 4-bedroom villa which includes the main house only for up to 12 guests (8 adults max), or as a 5-bedroom villa which includes the guest cottage for up to 14 guests (10 adults max).
Small tourist weddings are welcomed.
^Reduced rates are offered to small groups not requiring all bedrooms. See the Rates tab for pricing.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks are available for discounted rental. A signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
Centrally located, the homes in Old Man Bay offer perhaps the best shore diving and snorkeling on the entire island. The beaches are mostly sand, but can also have some natural rock formations too. Either way, with the varied marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear foot protection (pool shoes or fins). The beaches here offer great seashell collecting and turtle sightings in summer!
Old Man Bay is only 5 minutes from 2 large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, wind surfing, kiteboarding, ocean front pools and bar service.
Heading west, Kurt's Korner is a local restaurant within walking distance. Over the Edge restaurant is about one mile further west offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus at affordable prices. Another 15 minutes west of Old Man Bay is the famous Rum Point Club with water sports, restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop, and a barefoot beach with table service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Additional tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Cayman Sands159 Old Robin Road Grand Cayman , KY
69 user reviewsstars based on
Wonderfully, Private Location
5 Star Experience
Spacious, quiet, excellent ocean front property with great management company!
Great Week in a Beautiful Villa!
Wonderful Stay and best staycation ever
Cayman Sands Review
Best Family Vacation We\'ve Had In A Long Time
Wonderful Time in a Wonderful House!
Cayman Sands - Private, Quiet and Great Location
Beautiful Well Appointed Home
Cayman Sands best view, best beach, best pool, best location and a comfy, clean, equipped, delightful house
Great week in Cayman
The house to beat
Great time with family and friends
The Property Was Amazing!
Family Vacation 2018
2018 Family Vacation
Property was AWESOME!
Best Vacation Ever!
Best Vacation Ever!
This property is fantastic. Well stocked and large rooms. GREAT!
Fantastic family vacation
Perfect for our family
Perfect privacy for 10
Loved Cayman Sands
Remote Paradise (CONT)
Best family vacation ever!!!
Perfect in Paradise
We liked it so much that we came back.
Amazing Home and Island
Memories for Our Family Forever!
Perfect Memories to Share
So Much Fun
Wonderful Vacation Home
Perfect for Us
Baby Sea Turtles!!!!
Perfect Two Weeks!
“Fabulous big family location”
“Spring break 2016 - BEST VACATION EVER!!”
“Spring Break 2015”
“A wonderful, relaxing paradise”
“Awesome week with grown kids and grandkids”
“Fantastic Beach Rental”
“Perfect multgenerational vacation location”
Could Not Have Been Better!
A wonderful, relaxing paradise
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$995|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$1,950|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$2,150|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$1,295|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$1,395|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$895|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$995|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$795|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$995|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$1,295|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$995|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$1,950|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$2,150|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$1,295|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$1,395|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$895|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$995|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$795|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$995|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$1,295|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$995|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$1,950|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage deposit is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Lower Occupancy Discounts
Owner offers lower rates for fewer guests:
- Groups of 10 or fewer guests not needing the guest cottage, over non-holiday nights, receive a $100 discount off the daily rate.
- The guest cottage will be locked off for the duration of your stay.
Occupancy Discounts are automatically applied against the full base rent when entering your dates and number of guests.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's are split into two rental periods. Please inquire directly with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 2.2 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 19.5 miles (38 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.