Coconut Beach is an oceanfront family-friendly oasis located in the picturesque Rum Point community along Grand Cayman’s north coast.
This large, one-story beach house spans 4,200 sq. ft. and can sleep 12 guests across 5 bedrooms in the main house, plus a detached 1 bed/1 bath studio suite above the garage. Perfect for vacationing grandparents, or in-laws, the studio suite provides added privacy and is never rented out to unrelated guests during your stay.
The focal point of the main house is the great room. Connecting both bedroom wings of the villa, and opening onto an enclosed sun porch, the great room provides sunny ocean views throughout the living, dining, and kitchen areas.
With its airy, open-concept design the great room includes a dining table with seating for 10, a TV den with two cozy couches, and a full kitchen with breakfast counter seating for 6. A separate kids' table with chairs is provided for our tiny guests.
(Sleeps 12 guests total)
- Master Suite - oceanfront views, king bed, walk-out access to the pool deck, private ensuite bath with shower.
- Middle Suite - queen bed, garden views, shares Jack & Jill bathroom with shower with the West Twin Suite.
- West Twin Suite - 2 twin beds, garden views, shares Jack & Jill bathroom with shower with the Middle Suite; twin beds can be fitted into a king upon request.
- Guest Suite - oceanfront views, king bed, walk-out access to the beach cabana, ensuite bath with shower connects to East Twin Suite.
- East Twin Suite - 2 twin beds, garden views, private ensuite half bath, shares shower with the Guest Suite; twin beds can be fitted into a king bed upon request.
- Studio Suite - detached from the main villa above the garage, queen bed, kitchenette with breakfast bar seating, television, full bath, air conditioning, stacked washer & dryer.
Outside, guests at Coconut Beach will enjoy the villa’s sandy, palm-shaded beach great for long walks, or lazy afternoons with your toes in the sand. The villa’s wraparound patio leads to a new beach cabana with ample seating for sunset viewings.
The pool deck is furnished with multiple loungers surrounding the villa’s freshwater plunge pool. An outdoor shower sits off the pool deck to rinse off after a long day of sun and surf.
Coconut Beach’s Unique Features
- Located on a wide lot with lush landscaping, guests will feel they’ve been whisked away to their own enchanted garden by the sea.
- Newly expanded beach cabana with Adirondack chairs and patio seating.
- 2 beach hammocks for afternoon naps by the sea.
- Excellent snorkeling just steps from the backdoor! A healthy marine habitat awaits beneath the waves—we recommend pool shoes or fins for foot protection.
- Freshwater plunge pool with plenty of loungers around the pool deck.
- Great beach house vibe with an open concept great room providing plenty of room for the entire family.
- Large flat-screen TV and comfortable sofas for a movie night after a day of sun and surf.
- Full kitchen with modern appliances and plenty of counter space.
- Enclosed sun porch with sofas and Adirondack chairs to enjoy the ocean views.
^Reduced rates offered to small groups not requiring all bedrooms. See Rates tab for pricing.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef-protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but also can have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations. The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as the swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear foot protection (pool shoes or fins). The prevailing breeze (trade winds) from the east also makes flying insects less of a nuisance—many of the homes in Rum Point don’t even need a screened porch.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar, and marina
Lastly, we have 2 large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, oceanfront pools, and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Coconut Beach1314 Rum Point Drive Grand Cayman , KY
29 user reviewsstars based on
What a wonderful place for a family get together
Perfect Family Vacation Spot
Peaceful Family Time
Perfect for Our Family
The Perfect Spot
Coconut Beach Villa
Fabulous Beachfront Home!
Spacious and As Advertised!
Very very nice beach front house!!!
Family Fun at Coconut Beach
Loved Coconut Beach!
School's Out Vacation
Spring Break in Cayman
A Valentine's Winter Break from Everything
Wonderful Home, Great Location, Snorkeling
Best Family Vacation
Coconut Beach - charming vacation beach home
The Beach is Awesome
A vacation to remember
Great Two Family House for a True Getaway
Great House for Families, With Some Minor Caveats
Perfect beach house
Perfect beach house
|Jan 01, 1970||Jan 01, 1970||$1|
|Aug 15, 2023||Nov 03, 2023||$825||$17,350|
|Nov 04, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||$995|
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$1,395|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$1,195|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$1,995|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$2,195|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$1,395|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$1,495|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$995|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$1,095|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$825|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$995|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$1,395|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$1,195|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$1,995|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$2,195|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$1,395|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$1,495|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$995|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$1,095|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$825|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$995|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$1,395|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$1,195|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$1,995|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage deposit is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Lower Occupancy Discounts
Owner offers lower rates for fewer guests:
- Groups of 10 or fewer guests not requiring the garage apartment, over non-holiday nights, received a $250 discount off the daily rate.
- The unoccupied apartment will be locked off for the duration of your stay.
Occupancy Discounts are automatically applied against the full base rent when entering your dates and number of guests.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's are split into two rental periods. Please inquire directly with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 7 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 24.3 miles (46 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.