Conch'ed Out is a cozy oceanfront cottage in Old Man Bay along the island's North Side.
This Caribbean-style 2-bedroom cottage offers excellent snorkeling just steps off the backyard! A sandy trail with paver stones leads down to a pebbly beachfront. We recommend guests wear pool shoes or fins for foot protection when entering the water.
Conch'ed Out sits on an oversized 1-acre lot measuring over 400 feet deep with a gated driveway, private pool, and heavy landscaping out front. The adjacent guesthouse is never rented to unrelated parties of the main cottage guest. It also is available for add-on at any time.
French doors and screened porches, on both the front and rear of the home, provide great cross-ventilation in the winter when air conditioning is seldom necessary. Air conditioning units cool the bedrooms and bathrooms only while ceiling fans cool the living areas.
You can leave the house open from both the front and rear screen porches with ceiling fans running to comfortably cool the home.
(Sleeps 4 guests total)
- Primary Suite – queen bed, ocean views, walk-out access to the screened porch, ensuite with shower.
- Twin Suite – two twin beds, ocean views, walk-out access to the screened porch, ensuite with shower. Twin beds can be fitted into a king bed upon request.
Conch’ed Out’s Key Features
- Private pool and patio for swimming, tanning, and relaxing.
- The pool deck comes furnished with sun loungers, a charcoal grill, and a tiki picnic table.
- Full-width screened porch furnished with cushioned patio seating.
- Furnished living area with cushioned seating and a large television.
- Full kitchen with modern appliances and breakfast bar seating.
- An indoor dining table seats four with tropical views.
- Two kayaks are provided complimentary during your stay.
The home's Guest Cottage sits adjacent to the pool deck and is never rented out separately during your stay. It can be added to your stay should you have more travelers in your group.
This listing only books the main house. Click here to book the main house and the guest cottage.
Conch'd Out is an excellent island cottage for small families, traveling couples, or digital nomads.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Additional Silver Thatch tandem kayaks are available for discounted rental. A signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
With a central location on the island, the homes in Old Man Bay offer perhaps the best shore diving and snorkeling on the entire island. The beaches are mostly sand, but can also be pebbly with natural rock formations too. Either way, with the varied marine life in the water, you will want to wear foot protection (pool shoes or fins). The beaches here offer great seashell collecting and turtle sightings in summer!
Old Man Bay is only 5 minutes from two large resorts in the East End (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and the Italian Kitchen restaurant.
These two resorts also offer scuba, and snorkel trips, jet ski rentals, windsurfing, kiteboarding, ocean front pools, and bar service. You are also only 5-10 minutes from the best SCUBA diving operations and dive sites on the entire island--Ocean Frontiers and Tortuga Divers.
About 15 minutes to the west of Old Man Bay is the famous Rum Point Club with water sports, a restaurant and bar, gift shop, and a barefoot beach with table service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on the same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Conch'ed OutGrand Cayman ,
1 user reviewsstars based on
Exactly what we had wished for
- 4 nights minimum stay required.
- 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire about your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- A 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- The owner requires a $500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 2.4 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 19.6 miles (39 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.