20% Nearby Construction Discount
Completion by Spring 2024
Use Promo Code BUILD20
As of Feb 1, 2023, construction has begun on the adjacent lot of Heritage House. We expect construction until the Spring of 2024. The owner is offering a 20% discount to offset the inconvenience. Use Promo Code BUILD20 to unlock the savings.
Heritage House is a two-story beachfront home located in Rum Point along the north coast.
The most notable feature of this home is the two-story oceanfront verandas. The upper veranda is shaded and furnished with two large sectional sofas perfect for lounging.
The lower level veranda is furnished with sofa seating plus two patio dining tables with seating for 10 guests. The oceanfront views from both levels are amazing and not to be missed.
A freshwater pool and sun deck are located on the land-side of the villa, protecting guests from the prevailing breezes in the winter. Pool heat is provided by the owner from November 15 to April 15.
Plenty of lounge chairs surround the pool along with a propane grill for cookouts.
Inside, the open floor plan is perfectly inviting after a day on the beach, with enough room for the whole family to spread out and relax.
Spectacular ocean views flood the living areas which come furnished with plush comfortable sofas and a television.
A full modern kitchen comes equipped with standard appliances including dishware, utensils, glassware, cookware, and cutlery.
An upgraded fiber internet connection provides the home with reliable speeds and increased bandwidth for multiple users and streaming devices.
Guests will find one bedroom on the lower level and three on the upper level along with a den.
(Sleeps 10 guests total, 8 adults max)
- Primary Suite: lower-level, king bed, ocean views, walk-out access to the lower veranda, ceiling fan, ensuite with dual vanity and bathtub.
- Ocean Suite: upper-level, king bed, elevated ocean views, walk-out access to the upper veranda, ceiling fan, ensuite with walk-in shower.
- West Suite: upper-level, queen bed, garden views, ceiling fan, ensuite with shower bath.
- East Suite: upper-level, queen bed, garden views, ceiling fan, ensuite with shower bath.
- Additional bedding: upstairs den with sleeper sofa for 2 children only.
Just a short walk from Heritage House lies the Rum Point Club and the Kaibo Yacht Club. Guests can easily pop out anytime for water sports, drinks, lunch, or dinner.
As of Feb 1, 2023- construction has begun on a private home just to the west of Heritage House. We expect construction until the spring of 2024, so the owner is offering a 20% discount. Use Promo Code BUILD20 at check-out.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks are available for discounted rental. Signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The oceanfront homes in Rum Point offer great reef-protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but also can have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations.
The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as the swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life in the water, you will want to wear pool shoes or fins for foot protection.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, watersport rentals, plus a beach bar & grill.
Within nearby Cayman Kai is the Kaibo, a beachfront dining destination. There you will find a casual bar & grill, a fine dining restaurant, and a coffee shop.
Ferry service to Camana Bay and Seven Mile Beach departs from the Kaibo marina.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership
- Owner requires a $1,000 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit
Nearby Points of Interest
- 8.5 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 25.8 miles (49 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.