New Oceanfront Villa
All Guests Must Be 10 or Older; Infants Under 2 Years Welcome
This 5,000+ square foot villa is directly oceanfront in Rum Point just 2 miles east of the Rum Point Club (reopening Spring 2023). The name Iggy Blue pays homage to Grand Cayman's indigenous, and protected blue iguana.
The perfect getaway spot for a large family, or 3-4 couples, Iggy Blue sleeps 8 guests across four-bedroom suites on the upper level each with walk-out access to a shared oceanfront balcony.
The lower-level great room features an open-concept design with ocean views throughout the living, dining, and kitchen areas. The living area comes furnished with a plush sectional sofa, modern decor, and a large television. Sliding glass doors provide walk-out access to the home's furnished screened porch.
An elevated pool deck overlooks a sandy private beachfront with excellent snorkeling just steps off the back door! A large heated spa sits on the screened porch to melt your troubles away under the shade and free of pesky insects.
Iggy Blue's Unique Features
- A formal indoor dining table seats eight, in addition to a patio dining table on the screened porch.
- New gourmet kitchen with plenty of counter space, an array of high-end appliances, plus a full complement of dishware, cookware, cutlery, and small appliances.
- Small lounge area adjacent to the heated spa with a sofa and cube coffee tables.
- Small home office with desk, chair, and fiber optic wifi for work-from-home professionals.
- Full bathroom with shower on lower-level.
- Freshwater pool and oceanfront pool deck with plenty of sun loungers.
- Idyllic sandy beachfront for swimming or snorkeling. This is a vibrant marine environment and we recommend all guests wear pool shoes or snorkel fins while exploring the water.
- Large propane grill for island cookouts.
(Sleeps 8 guests total)
- West Suite: upper-level, ocean views, king bed, television, walk-out access to a balcony, ensuite bath with an oversized tub, and walk-in shower.
- Twin Suite: upper-level, ocean views, 2 twin beds, walk-out access to a shared balcony, ensuite bath with dual vanity, and walk-in shower.
- Queen Suite: upper-level, ocean views, queen bed, walk-out access to a shared balcony, ensuite bath with dual vanity, and walk-in shower.
- East Suite: upper-level, ocean views, king bed, walk-out access to a shared balcony, ensuite bath with dual vanity, and walk-in shower.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks are available for discounted rental. A signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef-protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but can also have spots of rocky ironshore with natural rock formations.
The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as the swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear pool shoes or fins for foot protection.
The prevailing trade winds from the east also make flying insects less of a nuisance—many of the homes in Rum Point don’t even need a screened porch.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check-out on the same day
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $3,000 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum are required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum are required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- A 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- The owner requires a $1,500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 7.1 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 24.3 miles (47 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.