Jasmine Cottage in Old Man Bay is one of two charming homes, full of Cayman character, nestled together on the oceanfront in Old Man Bay.
The cottage provides a wonderful haven within a quiet rural neighborhood with its private pool and convenient location being key attractions.
The cottage has a private oceanfront infinity pool and a tranquil garden providing al fresco dining for six. The vistas across the oceanfront and into the garden are spectacularly framed, with large picture windows and sliding doors highlighting the surrounding landscape.
Strong swimmers can fin out to the reef, which is also easily reached by kayak, where buoys mark two breathtaking walls to SCUBA dive. Just a couple of flipper strokes away is a splendid snorkeling rock, for the less adventurous.
On land, tours of the spectacular Crystal Caves are just a leisurely stroll away. To the east, you will only be 10 minutes from Morritt's and the Wyndham, two large East End resorts with water sports, restaurants, bars, grocery, and shopping.
The house extends into the garden, the ideal space to barbecue or simply enjoy nature. Our guests say the garden rockers are the perfect spot for your morning cup of joe or some light afternoon reading.
(Sleeps 6 guests total)
- Primary Suite – upper level, ocean views, king bed, ensuite with walk-in shower.
- Queen Suite – upper-level, garden views, queen bed, ensuite with walk-in shower.
- Queen Bedroom – lower level, queen bed, walk-out access to the pool deck, shares hall bath equipped with walk-in shower.
Jasmine Cottage's Key Features
- Private oceanfront pool; swim or lounge by the pool deck while soaking in the views!
- Excellent snorkeling just steps off the backyard.
- Living area furnished with comfortable sofa seating and television.
- Full kitchen with modern appliances: large fridge & freezer, dishwasher, microwave, electric stove/hob, and kettle.
- Cookware, dishware, cutlery, and a Keurig coffeemaker all provided.
- A small charcoal grill for island cookouts.
- The kitchen table expands to seat 6 for family dinners.
- The Garden for al fresco dining includes a dining table and chairs for 6, as well as 2 rockers for relaxing.
- Private entrance and separate driveway from sister cottage next door.
Owner recommends Perfectly Pampered, a mobile spa service providing a range of treatments from the comfort of your villa! For more details visit PerfectlyPamperedCayman.com.
Take advantage of our discounted rates and rent both cottages together! Vacation next door to your friends or family while retaining the privacy of your own home.
^Reduced rates are offered to small groups not requiring all bedrooms. See the Rates tab for pricing.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks are available for discounted rental. Signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
The short step down to the ocean through a bank of loose centuries-old exquisite coral fossils is via a rustic hewn pathway. The beach here is rugged with delicately sculpted stones, beautiful conch shells, and gifts from mother nature as the waves lap the shore.
At the water's edge is a narrow strip of protected ironshore limestone, colonized by sea urchins. Guests will want to wear pool shoes to walk or swim fins in the water for foot protection. The water is teeming with life which is simply not present near a sterile sandy beach. You will find all types of sea creatures sheltering in and around the shallow reef close to shore.
These conditions make for excellent snorkeling, which is highly recommended—equipment can be obtained at the Silver Thatch welcome centre, if you do not have your own. Please look closely at the photos to see the multi-colored shallows: white/light blue is sandy bottom, browns indicate corals, and darker colors indicate sea grasses or soft corals.
Old Man Bay is home to some of the best snorkeling on the entire island. Just about 300 yards east of Garden Cottages is Connally's Cove where local divemasters often come to snorkel.
As there are few homes in the area, the marine life here is less skittish and many coral heads provide sanctuary for juvenile fish. Our guests often just put a pool noodle under their arms and float for hours in this area observing the fish in only 3-6 feet of water with little, if any, current. Further out from shore are two famous dive sites on the reef wall, marked by buoys for the more adventurous.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Crown owns up to the high water mark. The shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally from the images on our website due to shifting weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Jasmine CottageGrand Cayman ,
6 user reviewsstars based on
Beautiful Vacation Home
Beautiful and Private
Please come back soon!
- 4 nights minimum stay required.
- 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Owner requires a $1,000 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Lower Occupancy Discounts
Owner offers lower rates for fewer guests:
- Groups of 4 or fewer guests, staying over non-holiday nights, receive a $75 discount off the daily rate.
- Unoccupied bedrooms will be locked off for the duration of your stay.
Occupancy Discounts are automatically applied against the full base rent when entering your dates and number of guests.