Just For Fun
- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
Just For Fun has all the amenities for a truly fun getaway including kayaks, an outdoor grill, a private pool, and a palm-thatched hammock cabana.
Located on one of the world's few bioluminescent bays, guests staying at Just For Fun can observe the phosphorescence glow right on the villa's private dock.
Walk a few steps diagonally across the street, using the public right-of-way beach access, and swim in the barefoot waters next to the Rum Point Club.
Just for Fun offers the perfect blend of your own private retreat. Enjoy the sun in privacy on your own expansive pool deck, or walk just 5 minutes up the road to the Rum Point Club for excursions and water sports activities: paddle boarding, snorkel safaris, charters to Sting Ray City, or a dive trip to the famous Cayman wall.
(Sleeps 6 guests total)
- Primary Suite – water views, king bed, walk-out access to the screened porch, ensuite bath with walk-in shower.
- Twin Suite – water views, two twin beds, desk and chair, walk-out access to the screened porch, ensuite bath with shower.
- Twin Bedroom – water views, two twin beds, walk-out access to the screened porch, shares bathroom with adjacent twin suite; ideal for kids, not suitable for adults.
Just for Fun's Notable Amenities
- Full modern kitchen with granite countertops/glass cooktop stove, quiet high-efficiency dishwasher, full-size fridge with freezer
- A separate granite wet bar with wine cooler
- Vaulted ceilings, clean crisp interiors, and a cool island vibe
- Indoor and outdoor dining. Enjoy having your coffee on the lovely front garden porch, or entertain in the large screened atrium on the back of the villa with views of the beach
- Private dock for a rented boat, jet ski, or a private charter pick-up
- Large, private waterfront swimming pool (spa is not set up for heating)
- Tiki-style outdoor changing rooms and showers
- Thatched hammock cabana
- Owner offers one adult and 2 child kayaks for your own "bioluminescence" kayak tour on a moonless night
- Flat screen Smart TV with Netflix/Amazon/etc.
The value offered by this home cannot be oversold. This villa "ticks all the boxes" when looking for a spot in the Caribbean.
Enjoy a truly memorable escape to a place that is Just for Fun with your loved ones, friends, or family.
^Reduced rates extended to small groups not requiring all bedrooms. See Rates tab for pricing.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Additional Silver Thatch tandem kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) are available for discounted rental. A signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The cove-front homes in Cayman Kai offer calm serene water for docking a rental boat, charter boat pick-up, or just safe shallow swimming for little children. Adults won’t swim in the cove as the Rum Point Club is too nice by comparison.
You get the best of both worlds at Just For Fun: a backyard facing the cove with a private pool and boat dock, proximity to the Rum Point Club, plus an idyllic beach across the street. Public right-of-way beach access is located diagonally across the street.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also nearby is the Kaibo Yacht Club featuring a fine dining restaurant, a casual beach bar and grill, and a marina. Overall, Cayman Kai is a fabulous neighborhood dotted with million-dollar oceanfront villas and sweeping views.
Lastly, about 20 minutes east we have 2 large resorts (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, oceanfront pools, and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Just For Fun105 Sand Point Road Grand Cayman , ----
22 user reviewsstars based on
Good time and excellent rental
We loved it!!
Just for Fun = Relaxing Week on the Bio Bay
Birthday/mothers day weekend
Agrella - November 2020
Perfect for our family
Perfect Spring Break Getaway
Home Away From Home
Perfect Home of Us
Awesome vacation retreat!
Great house in excellent location!
Awesome Vacation Rental-Perfect Spot
An Absolutely Perfect Place!
Last Minute Gem
Just For Fun Delivered
“3BR-Just For Fun: Oceanfront Private Cottage with Sizable Pool, Barefoot Beach”
3BR-Just For Fun: Oceanfront Private Cottage with Sizable Pool, Barefoot Beach-Continued
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Owner requires a $1,000 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Lower Occupancy Discounts
Owner offers lower rates for fewer guests:
- Groups of 4 or fewer guests, staying over non-holiday nights, receive a $75 discount off the daily rate.
- Unoccupied bedrooms will be locked off for the duration of your stay.
Occupancy Discounts are automatically applied against the full base rent when entering your dates and number of guests.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 8.9 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 26.2 miles (50 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.