Kai Kotch - Island House #17
Kai Kotch (Island House #17) is a newly-redecorated villa with comfortable, island-style furnishings.
The villa overlooks a sandy beach and the clear, quiet waters of the cove in the Cayman Kai resort area. This location is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of Seven Mile Beach and offers waterfront views, walking access to secluded beaches, and multiple beach bars, restaurants, and watersports.
The ground floor features an open-concept design that allows the living and dining areas to flow out onto the screened 2-story atrium. The screened atrium is the focal point of the home with water views, lounge seating, and alfresco, bug-free dining.
The fully-equipped kitchen boasts stainless steel appliances, a dishwasher, and small appliances. The owner also provides plenty of outdoor chairs and a charcoal grill for cookouts by the cove.
High-speed wifi and air-conditioning throughout the villa will keep you cool and connected during your stay.
A large shared swimming pool with a sundeck is located just 100 feet away! For adventure seekers, Kai Kotch includes a fleet of complimentary water toys: 2 tandem kayaks, 2 single kayaks, 2 paddleboards, plus a 2-person pedal boat as well!
With the bioluminescence of the cove, you can take your own "bio-tour" on moonless nights and watch the waters glow at night!
(Sleeps 6 guests total)
- Primary Suite: upper-level, king bed, wall-mounted TV, waterfront, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with tub/shower combination.
- Guest Suite: upper-level, two queen beds, wall-mounted TV, waterfront, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with tub/shower combination.
- Additional bedding: lower-level den comes furnished with a double futon bed.
- Pack-n-play cribs are available complimentary via Silver Thatch Guest Services.
Kai Kotch is an excellent choice for small families, or couples, looking for a relaxing vacation while being within walking distance to local attractions.
Rum Point Beach, with its restaurants and watersport rentals, is just a short walk across the street from the villa. The Kaibo Restaurant and Marina, which provides ferry service to Seven Mile Beach/Camana Bay, are a further walk south on Water Cay Road.
^ Notes: The Island Houses belong to the Cayman Kai Homeowners Association and observe an outdoor noise curfew at 10:00 PM. Neighbors are very respectful of each other's privacy and quiet enjoyment.
* A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
** Additional Silver Thatch tandem kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
These nine clusters of 2-story townhomes sit staggered along the water's edge with a shared community freshwater pool overlooking the island's Bioluminescent Bay.
Famous for its glowing nighttime waters, Bio Bay is a phenomenon not to be missed especially on moonless nights. Explore at your own pace or book a guided tour with our friends at Cayman Kayaks and Sweet Spot Watersports.
While Bio Bay is ideal for kayaking and paddleboarding, it is not ideal for swimming due to its soft muddy bottom. For a barefoot beach experience with great food and tropical drinks, head across the street to the new Rum Point Club.
Fully renovated and reopened to the public, the new Rum Point Club offers a spectacular barefoot beach experience with vibrant snorkeling, watersport rentals, plus a new restaurant, and an open-air beach bar.
Another dining destination in the neighborhood is the Kaibo. A favorite among locals, the Kaibo consists of a coffee shop and two restaurants, a casual beach bar and grill, and a fine dining restaurant. Live music, beach barbecues, and full moon parties are highlights at Kaibo.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark. The shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally from the images shown due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum seasonally. Sargassum is a harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years.
Sargassum RARELY is an issue at the Island Houses.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on the same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks & paddleboards available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Kai Kotch - Island House #17, Grand Cayman
33 user reviewsstars based on
Perfect for families
Amazing property and trip
Escape to Paradise!!!!
More thoughts 🙂
What a relaxing vacation!
Everything We Needed
Great Family Vacation
Kai Kotch is the place to stay
On Bio Bay!
Rum point/ Cayman Kai
Wonderful property - fantastic vacation!
Paradise at Kai Kotch 17
Wonderful, relaxing getaway!
Fabulous place to stay
The Perfect Family Vacation
Perfect location. House had everything you could want.
Quiet and convenient!
Relaxing Rum Point
Wonderful stay it is our second time staying and we were happy!!
Get Away from Crowded Areas
|Aug 15, 2023||Nov 03, 2023||$295||$5,782|
|Nov 04, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||$350|
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$475|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$375|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$665|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$695|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$495|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$525|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$295|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$350|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$295|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$350|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$475|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$375|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$665|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$695|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$495|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$525|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$295|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$350|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$295|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$350|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$475|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$375|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$665|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage deposit is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Home is on the island's Bioluminescent Bay
- 1-minute walk across the road to the new Rum Point Club
- 1.1 miles south to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 1.6 miles south to Starfish Point
- 4.4 miles to the nearest general store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 6.2 miles east to Over the Edge restaurant
- 9 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 12.6 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
- 26 miles (50-minute drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.