Kai Kotch - Island House #17
- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
Kai Kotch (Island House #17) is a newly-redecorated villa with comfortable, island-style furnishings.
The villa overlooks a sandy beach and the clear, quiet waters of the cove in the Cayman Kai resort area. This location is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of Seven Mile Beach and offers waterfront views, walking access to secluded beaches, and multiple beach bars, restaurants, and watersports.
The ground floor features an open-concept design that allows the living and dining areas to flow out onto the screened 2-story atrium. The screened atrium is the focal point of the home with water views, lounge seating, and alfresco, bug-free dining.
The fully-equipped kitchen boasts stainless steel appliances, a dishwasher, and small appliances. The owner also provides plenty of outdoor chairs and a charcoal grill for cookouts by the cove.
High-speed wifi and air-conditioning throughout the villa will keep you cool and connected during your stay.
A large shared swimming pool with a sundeck is located just 100 feet away! For adventure seekers, Kai Kotch includes a fleet of complimentary water toys: 2 tandem kayaks, 2 single kayaks, 2 paddleboards, plus a 2-person pedal boat as well!
With the bioluminescence of the cove, you can take your own "bio-tour" on moonless nights and watch the waters glow at night!
(Sleeps 6 guests total)
- Primary Suite: upper-level, king bed, wall-mounted TV, waterfront, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with tub/shower combination.
- Guest Suite: upper-level, two queen beds, wall-mounted TV, waterfront, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with tub/shower combination.
- Additional bedding: lower-level den comes furnished with a double futon bed.
- Pack-n-play cribs are available complimentary via Silver Thatch Guest Services.
Kai Kotch is an excellent choice for small families, or couples, looking for a relaxing vacation while being within walking distance to local attractions.
Rum Point Beach, with its restaurants and watersport rentals, is just a short walk across the street from the villa. The Kaibo Restaurant and Marina, which provides ferry service to Seven Mile Beach/Camana Bay, are a further walk south on Water Cay Road.
^ Notes: The Island Houses belong to the Cayman Kai Homeowners Association and observe an outdoor noise curfew at 10:00 PM. Neighbors are very respectful of each other's privacy and quiet enjoyment.
* A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
** Additional Silver Thatch tandem kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The Island Houses enjoy a smooth sandy beach with no rocks. These 9 clusters of 2 villas are staggered along the water's edge at the top of the Cayman Kai Cove...with quiet shallow water, a shared freshwater pool and dock for our guests to use for kayaking or for private charter collection. The water here is shallow with a soft bottom and not really suitable for snorkeling or swimming when the best water is directly across the street at the famous Rum Point Club (open to the public).
The surrounding area offers a wide variety of activities with the Rum Point Beach Club located within 200 yards. Rum Point offers a spectacular white sandy beach with vibrant snorkeling, plus shady hammock spots, watersports, two restaurants and a beach bar. Chaises are plentiful and first-come, first-served.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop and pick-up beach volleyball games.
It's from the Rum Point pier that the Red Sail Cayman's 65’ catamaran departs to stingray sandbar for snorkeling trips. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina. Just a great neighborhood dotted with million-dollar oceanfront villas.
Hop on the Cayman ferry at the Kaibo Marina, and sail across the North Sound to Camana Bay for a day trip of shopping, dining, and much, much more. There's also easy access from Camana Bay to Seven Mile Beach and all the restaurants, bars and activities in the area.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. This is VERY RARE at the Island Houses.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on the same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks & paddleboards available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Kai Kotch - Island House #17, Grand Cayman
20 user reviewsstars based on
On Bio Bay!
Rum point/ Cayman Kai
Wonderful property - fantastic vacation!
Paradise at Kai Kotch 17
Wonderful, relaxing getaway!
We look forward to your return!
Fabulous place to stay
Thank you for your review. Please come back soon!
The Perfect Family Vacation
Perfect location. House had everything you could want.
Quiet and convenient!
Relaxing Rum Point
Wonderful stay it is our second time staying and we were happy!!
Get Away from Crowded Areas
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Cleaning Fee added to all reservations.
- Owner requires a $500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Home is on the island's Bioluminescent Bay
- 3-minute walk across the road to Rum Point Beach (temporarily closed)
- 1.1 miles south to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 1.6 miles south to Starfish Point
- 4.4 miles to the nearest general store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 6.2 miles east to Over the Edge restaurant
- 9 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 12.6 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
- 26 miles (50-minute drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.