Welcome to Kai Tana, a cozy 2-bedroom beachfront cottage!
New homeowners have taken the best features of this beautiful oceanfront cottage and upgraded them for your comfort.
Surrounded by mature palms and casuarina trees on a half-acre-sized lot, Kai Tana offers peaceful relaxation on a wide sandy beach with sophisticated accommodations for couples, honeymooners, and small families (up to 4 adults).
The beach is very sandy and reef-protected making for excellent snorkeling just steps off the house. Although barefoot water entry is tempting, water shoes are recommended! Sunset walks along the expansive beach in either direction are a must.
Inside, Kai Tana features an oceanfront living room with windows on three sides flooding the home with natural light and panoramic ocean views. The living room is open and airy allowing guests to "become one with the ocean" while providing all comforts and amenities.
The oceanfront patio provides comfortable lounges as well as al fresco dining. A palm-shaded hammock sits off the patio and is the perfect spot for daydreamers.
Kai Tana's Notable Features
- Full kitchen with granite countertops and modern appliances
- Oceanfront patio with lounges and palm-shaded hammock
- Wide sandy beach with protected reef snorkeling in your backyard!
- Close proximity to Rum Point Beach and the Kaibo
- Home security system with central monitoring hub and motion sensors.
- Motion-activated LED floodlights across the property and beach.
- Hurricane-proof glass on windows and sliding glass doors.
- Front entry secured with deadbolt and sliding locks.
- Sliding glass doors secured with barrel locks and security bars on tracks.
(Sleeps 4 guests total)
- Primary Suite: oceanfront views, king bed, walk-out access to the patio, TV, ensuite bath with a walk-in shower.
- Guest Suite: two twin beds (can be converted to a king bed upon request), ensuite bath with a combination tub/shower.
Kai Tana is inspected and licensed by the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism to sleep 4 adults max.
We look forward to welcoming you to our little slice of paradise!
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch kayaks available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The entire island of Grand Cayman is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never far from anywhere on the island.
The oceanfront homes in Rum Point offer beautiful, tranquil, quiet beaches and great reef-protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but can also have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations. There can also be occasional seaweed. The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach.
With the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear pool shoes or fins for foot protection.
Another big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, abundant water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also nearby is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar, and marina.
Lastly, we have two large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop. These resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, oceanfront pools, and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Centralized on-island guest services & welcome center
- Unlimited Use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors and reservation assistance
- Complimentary snorkel gear, pack-n-plays, booster seats, and baby gates for check out
- Complimentary early check-in (if no check-out on same day)
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Coordinate private chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photographer
- $1,500 of Villa Accidental Damage Protection
- Tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Kai Tana1636 Rum Point Drive Grand Cayman , ----
44 user reviewsstars based on
Enjoyed Every Moment
A cozy escape
Absolutely Beautiful and Private
A little slice of Heaven
Great place to stay.
Quiet Neighborhood & A Charming House
Privacy and nature
Most Peaceful Place I\'ve Ever Been
Peaceful & Private
Amazing New Upgrades
Relaxing Family Vacation
Cute Home, Great Beach
Exceelent relaxing location
Peaceful and Simple
Charming sea cottage with wonderful private porch and beach.
Comfy n Quiet
Could not have been better! It was exactly what we were looking for and we could not have asked for
Bernie\'s Beautiful Basic Beach Cottage
Time for a Cool Change
Lovely, Relaxing Home
Our Own Paradise
Couldn\'t Have Asked for More
Perfect Caribbean Cottage
Exceeded Our Expectations
Beautiful, Private, Cozy
Cozy Beach Cottage
Beautiful Villa, Island and Fun!
Peace and Quiet in This Heavenly Atmosphere!
Can Not Wait to Return!!!!
Cool Change - Amazing!
|Aug 15, 2023||Nov 03, 2023||$395||$8,295|
|Nov 04, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||$450||$9,450|
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$595|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$475|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$695|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$795|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$625|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$650|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$395|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$450|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$395|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$450|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$595|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$475|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$695|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$795|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$625|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$650|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$395|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$450|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$395|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$450|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$595|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$475|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$695|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage deposit is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 7.7 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 24.9 miles (48 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.