- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
Welcome to Kai Tana, a cozy 2-bedroom beachfront cottage!
New homeowners have taken the best features of this beautiful oceanfront cottage and upgraded them for your comfort.
Surrounded by mature palms and casuarina trees on a half-acre-sized lot, Kai Tana offers peaceful relaxation on a wide sandy beach with sophisticated accommodations for couples, honeymooners, and small families (up to 4 adults).
The beach is very sandy and reef-protected making for excellent snorkeling just steps off the house. Although barefoot water entry is tempting, water shoes are recommended! Sunset walks along the expansive beach in either direction are a must.
Inside, Kai Tana features an oceanfront living room with windows on three sides flooding the home with natural light and panoramic ocean views. The living room is open and airy allowing guests to "become one with the ocean" while providing all comforts and amenities.
The oceanfront patio provides comfortable lounges as well as al fresco dining. A palm-shaded hammock sits off the patio and is the perfect spot for daydreamers.
Kai Tana's Notable Features
- Full kitchen with granite countertops and modern appliances
- Oceanfront patio with lounges and palm-shaded hammock
- Wide sandy beach with protected reef snorkeling in your backyard!
- Close proximity to Rum Point Beach and the Kaibo
- Home security system with central monitoring hub and motion sensors.
- Motion-activated LED floodlights across the property and beach.
- Hurricane-proof glass on windows and sliding glass doors.
- Front entry secured with deadbolt and sliding locks.
- Sliding glass doors secured with barrel locks and security bars on tracks.
(Sleeps 4 guests total)
- Primary Suite: oceanfront views, king bed, walk-out access to the patio, TV, ensuite bath with a walk-in shower.
- Guest Suite: two twin beds (can be converted to a king bed upon request), ensuite bath with a combination tub/shower.
Kai Tana is inspected and licensed by the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism to sleep 4 adults max.
We look forward to welcoming you to our little slice of paradise!
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch kayaks available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island guest services & welcome center
- Unlimited Use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors and reservation assistance
- Complimentary snorkel gear, pack-n-plays, booster seats, and baby gates for check out
- Complimentary early check-in (if no check-out on same day)
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Coordinate private chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photographer
- $1,500 of Villa Accidental Damage Protection
- Tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Kai Tana1636 Rum Point Drive Grand Cayman , ----
40 user reviewsstars based on
A little slice of Heaven
Great place to stay.
Quiet Neighborhood & A Charming House
Privacy and nature
Amazing New Upgrades
Peaceful & Private
Most Peaceful Place I\'ve Ever Been
Relaxing Family Vacation
Cute Home, Great Beach
Exceelent relaxing location
It was our pleasure to have you at Cool Change. Please come back soon!
Peaceful and Simple
Charming sea cottage with wonderful private porch and beach.
Comfy n Quiet
Could not have been better! It was exactly what we were looking for and we could not have asked for
Bernie\'s Beautiful Basic Beach Cottage
Thank you for your kind words. The sargassum is finally starting to dissipate. Will be gone in 2 weeks.
Please come again!
Lovely, Relaxing Home
Time for a Cool Change
Our Own Paradise
Couldn\'t Have Asked for More
Perfect Caribbean Cottage
Thank you for your kind words.
Please come back soon!!!
Grand Cayman Villas
Exceeded Our Expectations
Beautiful, Private, Cozy
Cozy Beach Cottage
Beautiful Villa, Island and Fun!
Peace and Quiet in This Heavenly Atmosphere!
Can Not Wait to Return!!!!
Cool Change - Amazing!
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Owner requires a $500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 7.7 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 24.9 miles (48 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.