Welcome to Kaiku, a lavishly landscaped, beachfront gated estate in Cayman Kai.
This sprawling villa sits on a double lot consisting of a 6-bedroom, two-story main house plus an optional detached 2-bedroom guest cottage over a double garage. The cottage is never rented to unrelated guests of the main house. It is an add-on option only for the main house guests.
The luxurious main 6BR villa can accommodate 12 guests maximum, making it the perfect island retreat for a large family vacation, or a relaxing adults getaway.
Situated on the island's Bioluminescent Bay in lovely Cayman Kai, guests will enjoy calm waters excellent for paddle-boarding and kayaking.
With four bedrooms located on the upper level, one on the lower level, and a new Zen Garden Queen Bedroom, guests will have plenty of space to unwind at the end of the day.
(Sleeps 12 guests maximum)
Main House - Sleeps 12 guests max.
- Primary Suite: king bed, waterfront views, private balcony, television, lower-level ensuite with soaking tub and separate dual shower.
- Guest Bedroom #1: queen bed, waterfront views, private balcony, shares adjacent bathroom equipped with shower bath.
- Guest Bedroom #2: queen bed, garden views, shares adjacent bathroom equipped with shower bath.
- Garden Suite: queen bed, garden suite, ensuite with shower.
- Lower Suite: king bed, lower-level, waterfront patio, walk-in closet, ensuite with shower.
- Zen Suite - queen bed, lower level, new full bathroom, walk-out access to a zen garden.
Again, the guest cottage is never rented out separately during your stay. It will be available should your group expand and you need to add it at the last minute.
With Kaiku's large dock, guests can rent a boat, Hobie cat, or jet skis and simply moor them behind the villa.
Alternatively, should you arrange a chartered cruise or snorkel safari you and your party can be picked up and dropped off from your own dock! No trips to the public docks are necessary.
Kaiku’s Outdoor Features
- Large private beachfront with tropical landscaping, manicured grounds, and exterior lighting system.
- Spacious freshwater pool and heated spa; pool heat is available in the winter for a daily surcharge.
- Expansive pool deck with plush sectional sofa, canopy sunbed, sun loungers, and shade umbrellas.
- Poolside outdoor shower and half bath.
- Outdoor kitchen with a propane grill, sink, fridge, ice maker, and ample counter space.
- Alfresco dining gazebo with seating for 4.
- 2 complimentary tandem kayaks provided during your stay*
- Large private dock with thatched cabana, outdoor shower, floating jet ski dock, and water ladder.
The main 6-bedroom house features an open-concept design with vaulted ceilings, a sunken living room, and plenty of large windows allowing natural light to fill the home.
Upon entering, you can’t help but gaze across the great room out onto the screened porch with sweeping water views of Bio Bay.
A modern kitchen, complete with gourmet appliances, overlooks the dining area and sits adjacent to a sunken living area. It's the perfect setting for vacationing chefs to entertain while serving up a home-cooked meal.
A media room is also located on the lower level with walk-out access to the pool deck and beach.
Kaiku’s Interior Features
- Media Room on the lower level is furnished with a sectional sofa, television, video game console, and walk-out access to the pool deck.
- Home office on the upper level with ocean views and furnished with 2 desks, an all-in-one printer and scanner, a small couch, a coffee table, and a television.
- Interior and exterior home audio system.
- Home security system with exterior cameras and a gated driveway.
- Laundry room with double washer and dryer, and overflow fridge.
- Televisions throughout the home with cable programming.
With the Rum Point Club (reopening in Summer 2023) only 400 yards up the street and the Kaibo Marina a short 5-10 minute walk away, guests can enjoy the very best of Cayman Kai.
A popular excursion at this villa is to charter our 32-foot Silver Thatch World Cat for a dinner cruise to the restaurants at Camana Bay or Morgan Harbour across the sound. Guests can be picked up and dropped off from the villa's private dock—an ultimate convenience!
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Optional Pool Heat is available year-round for $100 per night.
***Silver Thatch tandem kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) are available for discounted rental. A signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The cove-front homes in Cayman Kai offer calm serene water for docking a rental boat, permitting charter boat pick-up, or just safe shallow swimming for little children. Adults won’t swim in the cove as nearby Rum Point is too nice by comparison--the water is shallow with a softer bottom and no reef for marine life.
You get the best of both worlds at Kaiku: a private backyard pool with a spa, boat dock access, plus proximity to the Rum Point Club. There is usually little breeze here to speak of--many homes in Cayman Kai offer a screened porch to keep flying bugs and insects at bay.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, water sports, a restaurant bar, grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also nearby is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar, and marina. Overall, the area is a great neighborhood dotted with million-dollar oceanfront villas.
Lastly, about 20 minutes east we have 2 large resorts (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, a liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and the Italian Kitchen restaurant. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, oceanfront pools, and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
- Special event/dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check-out on the same day
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Complimentary memory foam roll-away bed delivery
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $3,000 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Additional tandem kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) are available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
|May 27, 2023||Aug 14, 2023||$2,150|
|Aug 15, 2023||Nov 03, 2023||$1,650|
|Nov 04, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||$1,950|
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$2,750|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$2,150|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$4,150|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$4,750|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$2,650|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$2,950|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$1,950|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$2,150|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$1,650|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$1,950|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$2,750|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$2,150|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$4,150|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 03, 2025||$4,750|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- A 10% Guest Service Fee added to all rates.
- The owner requires a $2,500 refundable excess cleaning and damages deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 4-night stays can be accommodated but will incur a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy are required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Easter, Christmas, and New Year's weeks.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire about your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Pool heat is available for a $125/day surcharge (propane is quick, but $$).
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the villa during your entire stay.
- No weddings or events that exceed the villa occupancy limit.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 9 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 26.3 miles (50 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.