- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
Welcome to Kailypso, a 3-bedroom beachfront villa in Cayman Kai located on Bio Bay.
Measuring over 2,800 square feet with spectacular outdoor spaces, cozy interiors, and a secluded beach, this popular villa is the perfect destination for family vacations and group getaways.
Nestled among tall palm trees and lush tropical plants, Kailypso’s waterfront pool and patio create a tropical oasis. Plenty of loungers dot the pool deck for sunbathers to kick back and work on their tans.
After hours under the sun, cool off with a refreshing dip in the pool or seek shade on the screened-in porch. A concrete pathway leads you down from the pool deck onto a soft sandy beach with a private boat dock. Beach lovers will love this slice of paradise.
Take full advantage of the villa's private dock by booking a charter to Stingray City. Request to be picked up and dropped off right on your dock for the ultimate charter experience!
Two single kayaks are provided during your stay. During the day, launch from the dock and explore the calm surrounding waters of Cayman Kai.
Then, on moonless nights, take the kayaks out and watch the water glow with light as you paddle. Bio Bay is one of the few bioluminescent bays in the world making it an unforgettable experience.
Kailypso’s three bedrooms include a primary suite with an ensuite bathroom and two additional bedrooms with a shared bathroom between them.
(Sleeps 8 guests total, 6 adults max)
- Primary Suite - king bed, ocean views, television, walk-out access to screened porch, ensuite bath with double vanity and shower.
- Ocean Bedroom - king bed, ocean views, television, walk-out access to screened porch, shares hall bathroom furnished with shower.
- Garden Bedroom - queen bed + bunk bed for kids, garden views, shares hall bathroom furnished with shower.
Kailypso’s interiors feature an open concept great room with living and dining areas furnished in light tropical decor.
The formal dining table seats 6 and is adjacent to the kitchen with ocean views.
A galley kitchen comes equipped with modern appliances including a microwave and dishwasher, plus cookware, dishes, glassware, and cutlery.
A full-width screened porch sits off the great room leading out to the pool deck. The porch is furnished with comfortable seating areas and a patio dining table with seating for 8.
A charcoal grill and outdoor dining table, with seating for 6, sit on the pool deck and are perfect for island cookouts under the stars.
Finally, Kailypso’s location puts it at the center of all the best that Cayman Kai has to offer, minus the crowds. Guests can walk to Rum Point, The Kaibo, or Starfish Point.
With a great location and fabulous outdoor amenities, it's easy to see why guests love Kailypso!
Note: The boat photographed at the dock is not included with the villa, however, a boat rental can be arranged.
*A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The cove-front homes in Cayman Kai offer calm serene water for docking a rental boat, private charter pick-up if the villa has a dock, or just safe shallow water along the edge swimming for little children. Adults won’t swim in the cove—Rum Point is too nice by comparison—the water is shallow and has a softer bottom and there is no reef here for fish life...but we do see the occasional turtle, eagle ray, or tarpon swim by in the shallows!
Another benefit is that we rarely get any seaweed in the cove so the beaches stay cleaner than the oceanfront beaches.
The beaches are flat white barefoot sand. The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club within a short walk that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant and bar, gift shop and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also nearby is the Kaibo, a beachfront restaurant, bar, and marina.
Lastly, about 20 minutes east there are 2 large resorts--Morritt's and The Reef--that offer manicured beaches, plus restaurants, a grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, the Italian Kitchen Restaurant. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet ski rentals, windsurfing, kiteboarding, oceanfront pools, and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at area businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks & paddleboards available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Kailypso240 Water Cay Road Grand Cayman ,
34 user reviewsstars based on
Great Villa, beautiful and quiet location
Thank you Grand Cayman Villas!
Our fourth Visit
Exactly as described
Two Weeks in Paradise
The Heat of Summer and Beauty of Grand Cayman
Special Home for Our Vacation
Start of Summer
Peaceful Retreat - Recharge!
Springtime in Cayman!
Best Views and Walking to Restaurants
Great House, Great Location for Young Families
Amazing New Years in Cayman
Something Special at Kailypso
Beauty! Beauty! Beauty!
- 5 nights minimum.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's are split into two rental periods. Please inquire directly with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is added to all rates.
- Owner requires a refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Villa is located on Cayman's Bioluminescent Bay
- 13-minute walk to Rum Point Beach (temporarily closed) & the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 22-minute walk to Starfish Point
- 5 miles to the nearest grocery store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 6.7 miles to Over the Edge restaurant
- 7.2 miles to Cayman Crystal Caves
- 9.2 miles to our Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 13 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Express
- 26.5 miles (50 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.