Kempa Kai, A Kempa Collection Destination
Inspiring, luxurious, and peaceful are just a few words we’d use to describe the blissful elegance you’ll find at Kempa Kai.
Eye-catching details can be found throughout the home from the vaulted ceilings to the sleek marble floors. Find your zen as you lounge by the impressive infinity pool or relax under the sandy beach cabana by the sea. Escape to the roof to indulge in the heated spa as the sun paints the sky pink marking the end of another day in paradise.
Right as you walk into this stunning retreat, you'll see the beautiful blues of the Caribbean through the two stories of glass. Step inside to the Bali-inspired great room that you’ll never want to leave. Around the corner is the gourmet kitchen with a massive island perfect for an in-villa cooking class or just gathering around with friends and family. With a kitchen as stunning as this one, cooking is no longer a chore.
Once the chef hat comes off, head to the oceanfront dining room where three sides of glass provide gorgeous views while you dine. After dinner, head to your own private bar next to the kitchen for a cocktail hour. Don’t forget to invite your best mixologist friends along!
At Kempa Kai, the outdoors are just as dazzling as the interiors. Feel as though you’ve been transported to an exclusive Balinese resort as you walk out onto your private pool deck. Find your own peaceful getaway from outdoor couches, or the beach cabana. There is no limit of calming spots at this blissful getaway.
Kempa Kai’s Notable Features
- Oceanfront infinity pool with 12 deck loungers.
- Rooftop heated spa with elevated oceanfront views.
- Gated estate bordered by a vacant lot for enhanced privacy.
- Havana-inspired J-bar with barstool seating.
- Outdoor dining bar off the kitchen with seating for 8.
- Media room perfect for movie nights with ocean views.
- Fiber internet connection for remote working professionals.
- An oceanfront Stargazers Balcony off both master suites furnished with plush daybeds.
- Each master suite has a walk-out private balcony in addition to the shared Stargazers balcony.
- Detached 2-bedroom bungalow with a king suite and bunk suite for kids; shares a fenced-in private garden perfect for playtime.
- Beachfront cabana with thatch daybed for seaside lounging.
- Weekday (non-holiday) Light Housekeeping Included.
- Uniformed villa staff is available with this home for additional fees.
- 2 tandem kayaks provided by Silver Thatch included with the villa.
- 2 owner-provided paddleboards included with the villa.
Kempa Kai’s Sleeping Arrangements
(Sleeps 12 adults max, 16 guests total)
Complimentary rollaway beds provided as needed for guests 12 and under. Infants, 2 or younger, sleeping in cribs do not count towards occupancy.
- Master Suite #1 - Second-floor suite with a king bed, private balcony with hanging egg chair, shared Stargazers Balcony, Apple TV, ocean views, and an ensuite bath with a stand-alone rain shower and soaking tub.
- Master Suite #2 - Second-floor suite with a king bed, private balcony with hanging egg chair, Apple TV, shared terrace, ocean views, and an ensuite bath with a stand-alone rain shower and a soaking tub.
- LoJo Suite - Second-floor suite with a king bed, private balcony with hanging egg chair, Smart TV, ensuite bath with shower.
- Joina Suite - First-floor suite with a king bed, walk-out access to the pool deck, Smart TV, garden views, and ensuite bath with shower.
- Berungalow Suite - Private entrance bungalow suite, king bed, lush garden views, Smart TV, walk-out access to shared private garden, ensuite bath with shower, plus an outdoor shower with dual rainfall showerheads.
- Bunk Suite - Private entrance bungalow suite with four twin beds, lush garden views, Apple TV, video game console, walk-out access to shared private garden, ensuite bath with rain shower.
- Additional Bedding – The Office includes a queen-sized Murphy bed, 2 private balconies one furnished with a hanging egg chair, and a custom wood desk.
After savoring the ambiance at Kempa Kai, take a short walk to the Kaibo Marina and indulge in delicious food and drinks, or embark on a charter to Stingray City. Another fun spot is The Rum Point Club just a short 5-minute drive away. You can find watersports there along with excellent snorkeling spots, a beach bar and grill, plus a fine dining restaurant for gourmet dinners. For a great beach within walking distance from the villa seek out Starfish Point.
Experience the perfect combination of privacy and 5-star elegance at Kempa Kai.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Additional Silver Thatch kayaks and paddleboards available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The white sand beach behind Kempa Kai is natural barefoot beach sand. Facing the sound, the ocean water behind Kempa Kai is clear and calm. Enjoy your own walk-out natural beach straight from the infinity pool deck. It is a fantastic spot to launch your kayak and paddleboard adventures, snorkel, see starfish (please don’t pick them up), play beach games or just hang out with family and friends.
Your Kempa Kai beach is also a great place to enjoy morning coffee or watching the sun sink in the west with your toes in the sand and a beverage in your hand!
This quiet area faces south so in winter months when weather patterns might bring winds from the north or east, the beach & pool areas tend to be quite calm.
From your own beach, you can easily walk to Starfish Point (4 minutes), Kaibo Beach Club (5 minutes) and Rum Point (15 minutes).
The beach is a natural beach meaning there will be shells and small coral in the sand. There is also turtle grass in the water. Turtle grass is a natural habitat and nutrition source for starfish and other marine life. Some days, the starfish population turns out in droves to enjoy the space. Nature is all around you at Kempa Kai and is always changing, as nature does. Enjoy and relax in the natural setting of this barefoot luxury property away from the hustle and bustle. You may even see a Cayman Parrot since they are also your neighbors while at Kempa Kai.
General Beach Notes
All beaches on Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high watermark. Unlike some other areas on the island, the Kempa Kai shoreline remains consistent year-round and public foot traffic varies from minimal to non-existent.
Most areas of the Caribbean have been affected by Sargassum, a seasonal floating seaweed. Grand Cayman is no different. However, the sound that forms the beach and water of Kempa Kai has been spared the presence of floating seaweed as of this writing.
Guest Reviews of Kempa KaiGrand Cayman ,
6 user reviewsstars based on
Family Style at Kempa Kai
Simply the Best
Wonderful Family Spot
5 Nights at Kempa Kai
- 5 nights minimum stay required; inquire for shorter stays if the calendar suits.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy are required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire about your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the villa during the entire rental period.
- Events with invited guests considered up to max 50; additional fees and refundable damage deposits apply, as well as minimum stay period.
- No smoking indoors.
- No pets are permitted.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy tax added to all rates.
- 3.50% Admin Charge added to all rates.
- A departure cleaning fee of $600 is added to all bookings.
- $1,500 refundable excess cleaning and a $5,000 refundable damage deposit are required.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.