Northern Lights #5
Escape the crowds of Seven Mile Beach for this peaceful North Side oasis. Welcome to Northern Lights, a 9-unit complex of privately owned two-story townhomes nestled in Old Man Bay.
Northern Lights #5 is one of the few 3-bedroom homes within the complex, measuring 2,400 sq. ft., and able to sleep 8 guests.
Lush tropical landscaping surrounds this small sliver of paradise with 240 feet of natural beachfront, sweeping panoramic views, and a protected coral reef teeming with marine life. Some of the island's best snorkeling and dive sites can be found right outside your door!
Alternatively, guests can relax above the waves on the shared private dock with cabana, or lounge poolside soaking in the sun and beautiful ocean views.
Inside, the downstairs layout is entirely open-concept with ocean views throughout.
A full kitchen with modern appliances overlooks a fully furnished living area with walk-out access to a screened porch. The living area has all the comforts of home with sofa seating and an entertainment center with cable television. Relax with a movie after a day of fun and sun, or kick back on the screened porch and enjoy the beautiful Caribbean views.
For indoor dining, a small dining table just off the kitchen seats four with the kitchen island seating another four guests. For meals with an ocean view, the screened porch dining table seats six guests. A propane grill is also provided for island cookouts.
(Sleeps 8 guests total, 6 adults max)
- Primary Suite – upper-level, king bed, ocean views, walk-out access to a private screened balcony, ensuite bath with dual vanity, and shower.
- Guest Suite – upper-level, queen bed, garden views, ensuite with shower bath.
- Bunk Room – lower level, two sets of bunk beds that sleep 4 children or 2 adults, shares hall bathroom equipped with shower bath.
The home is equipped with central air conditioning but trade winds tend to keep the home cool throughout with multiple ceiling fans. A washer and dryer also come included on the lower level.
The owner provides a complimentary tandem kayak for guest use with a signed waiver required.
Nearby, Northern Lights is within minutes of a small grocery store, two beachfront resorts, and some of the best restaurants on the island. The airport and Seven Mile Beach are roughly a 40-minute drive away.
Northern Lights #5 is the perfect destination for sun-seeking guests looking for peace and quiet away from the crowds of Seven Mile Beach.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks are available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
With a central location on the island, the homes in Old Man Bay offer perhaps the best shore diving and snorkeling on all of Grand Cayman.
The beaches are mostly sand, but can also be pebbly with natural rock formations. Either way, with the varied marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear pool shoes or fins for foot protection. The beaches here offer great seashell collecting and turtle sightings in summer!
Old Man Bay is only 5 minutes from two large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, a liquor store, gift shops, and a cafe/pastry shop. Cayman Crystal Caves is also located in Old Man Bay.
Kurt's Korner and Over the Edge are two local restaurants about one mile away. Both serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner at reasonable prices.
About 15 minutes to the west of Old Man Bay is the famous Rum Point Club with water sports, dining options, and a barefoot beach.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Northern Lights #5533 Old Robin Road #5 Grand Cayman , ----
21 user reviewsstars based on
Fantasic Villa With Everythng You Could Need
Great Spot for our Family
Wonderful Month Long Stay
Great house with all the amenities
Easter Break Staycation
Unable to Travel due to Pandemic
Could Not Have Been Better
Perfect Spot for Easy Water Entry
Best Vacation of Our Lives!
Northern lights 5
Peaceful and Quiet
A True Gem
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$395|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$695|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$725|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$475|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$495|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$325|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$375|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$295|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$375|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$495|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$395|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$695|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$725|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$475|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$495|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$325|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$375|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$295|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$375|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$495|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$395|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$695|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage deposit is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Lower Occupancy Discounts
Owner offers lower rates for fewer guests:
- Groups of 4 or fewer guests, staying over non-holiday nights, receive a discount of $50 off the daily rate.
- Unoccupied bedrooms will be locked off for the duration of your stay.
Occupancy Discounts are automatically applied against the full base rent when entering your dates and number of guests.
- 5 nights minimum stay required year-round.
- 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 3 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 20.3 miles (40 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.