- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
Ocean Kai is built on the oceanfront along a sandy ridge in Cayman Kai. Spanning over 5,500 square feet of vaulted living space and an open design, Ocean Kai sleeps 12 guests across 6 bedroom suites.
Upon entering the great room there is an immediate "wow factor" as your eyes take in the ocean views through a wall of glass doors and windows looking out over the pool deck.
The open living area has a cathedral ceiling accentuating the home’s size and grandeur. A mezzanine loft with a glass railing serves as a media room and has an oceanfront windowed dormer with outstanding ocean views.
A full-width, oceanfront shaded veranda overlooks a 38-foot private pool with steps leading down to your own sandy beach. The veranda is furnished with plush sectional seating and an outdoor dining area.
(Sleeps 12 guests total)
- East Suite – oceanfront, king bed, walk-out access to the pool deck, ensuite bath with dual vanity, TV, soaking tub, and separate shower.
- West Suite – oceanfront, king bed, walk-out access to the pool deck, ensuite bath with dual vanity, TV, soaking tub, and a separate shower.
- Middle Suite – oceanfront, queen bed, walk-out access to the pool deck, ensuite bath with dual vanity, TV, soaking tub, and a separate shower.
- West Queen Suite – garden views, queen bed, ensuite bath with dual vanity, TV, soaking tub, and separate shower.
- East Queen Suite – garden views, queen bed*, TV, an ensuite bath with shower tub combo; new queen bed not pictured.
- Garden Suite – home office with two twin beds, garden views, shares hall bathroom.
Ocean Kai’s kitchen is a vacationing chef’s paradise. Featuring marble countertops, all-white cabinets, and high-end appliances, guests can whip up a home-cooked meal or hire a private chef for a night of in-villa dining.
Guests can choose to eat in the formal dining room or step out onto the veranda for a night of al-fresco dining. A propane grill is located near the pool deck for island cookouts.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is required due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required, Paddles included.
Show more details ...
Ocean Kai is only a mile east of the famous Rum Point Club and enjoys a sandy beach and excellent snorkeling.
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef-protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but also can have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations.
The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear pool shoes or fins for foot protection. The trade winds from the east also make flying insects less of a nuisance—many of the homes in Rum Point don’t even need a screened porch.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina.
Lastly, we have 2 large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, ocean front pools and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
- Special event/dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $3,000 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Tandem kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required
Guest Reviews of Ocean KaiGrand Cayman ,
5 user reviewsstars based on
No Home Better!!!
Lovely modern villa, good for a big group
Huge Home with Best Views
Perfect for Our Family
A Gem in Cayman Kai
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- Owner requires a $2,500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 7.6 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 24.9 miles (48 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.