Welcome to Olympus, a majestic contemporary estate masterfully designed and perfectly positioned on a private oceanfront lot in Rum Point.
Designed with dramatic white angled walls, three levels of outdoor entertaining spaces, and an oceanfront living area with 40 feet of floor-to-ceiling sliding glass, Olympus is breathtakingly gorgeous.
Perched on an elevated ridge, it is not difficult to see how the current owner came upon the name Olympus. At almost 8,000 sq. ft. of living space for only 4-5 bedrooms, each room is a grand statement and offers views of the sea, the pool, and the expertly-landscaped grounds.
The L-shaped cerulean-blue swimming pool has tiled patios on both sides. The unique design of the house creates numerous shaded areas from which to escape the Caribbean sun's rays.
The third-floor roof deck includes a private sundeck and open garden, plus a covered outdoor kitchen and dining area for sunset dinners, or late night cocktails. The owner has ordered a suite of new outdoor furniture for the decks and entertaining spaces.
The indoor features of Olympus rival the outdoors. Upon entering the villa, the modern floating staircase and tropical-wood accents draw your attention straight to the oceanfront great room that opens to an ipe deck overlooking a white sandy backyard with the shimmering Caribbean waters beyond.
A large flat screen TV focuses on the living area, with another in the media room for gaming and a home theatre experience. Each bedroom is equipped with a wall-mounted TV with SONOS sound bar, cable TV, plus Netflix and Apple TV for streaming.
A furnished small home office with complimentary WiFi is available for guests needing to conduct business or connect with clients while on-island. Technology is in long supply at this villa.
Bedroom & Bathroom Layout
(Sleeps 12 guests total, 10 adults max)
- Oceanfront Master Suite: Second-floor suite with a king bed, TV, oversized reading chair, access to two balconies, ensuite bath, and floor to ceiling windows for spectacular ocean views.
- Upstairs King Suite: Second-floor suite with a king bed, garden views, and an ensuite bath.
- Upstairs Queen Suite: Second-floor suite with a queen bed, door to the west terrace, and an ensuite bath.
- Main Level Queen Suite: First-floor suite with a queen bed, small kitchenette, access to the pool deck, and an ensuite bath.
- Pull-out sofa (Tempurpedic Mattress) in the media room.
Olympus Notable Features
- Grand entry foyer with floating staircase, powder room (half-bath) & media room with TV, Apple TV & Xbox and pull-out sofa. Thermostat for A/C.
- First-floor queen master family suite with windows to the east and a wall of sliding glass doors to the pool area/ocean, wall-mounted TV with Netflix & Apple TV only, exterior stairs to the 2nd floor east-facing entertaining terrace. Pull-out queen-sofa, galley kitchenette with under-counter fridge, full sink, tea kettle, microwave, and Keurig coffee machine. Hidden roll-down privacy shades. Independent thermostat for A/C. Private bathroom with shower.
- Spacious modern gourmet kitchen with large stone quartz counters, top-of-the-line appliances and ample space for multiple chefs.
- Large living area with sectional sofa and chairs, coffee table and HDTV with FLOW Cable, Apple TV & PS/4.
- 40 feet of sliding doors are integrated with A/C system to permit guests to fully open the house to the pool deck.
- Breakfast counter with 4 stools and dining table with seating for 8.
- Angular L-shaped pool accessible from both the great room and first-floor queen master suite. Pool heater on from Thanksgiving to April 15.
- Hideaway office desk or workspace with a chair.
- Full laundry room with ironing board, iron, back-up towels/linens and detergent provided.
- Half-bathroom for pool guest use with exterior entry only.
- South master king suite with flatscreen TV (with Netflix & Apple TV only) and hidden roll-down privacy shades. The suite opens to a glass-railed west terrace with unobstructed ocean views. Private bathroom with shower, chest-of-drawers, vanity with large mirror and plenty of closet space.
- West queen suite that also opens to the west terrace and includes wall-mounted TV (with Netflix & Apple TV only), private bathroom with shower and hidden roll-down privacy shades.
- North oceanfront master king suite with floor-to-ceiling glass, 180-degree views, pull-out sofa, and overstuffed reading chair. This suite also opens to both east and west terraces, has a private bathroom with luxury bathtub and shower, a large walk-in closet, flatscreen TV (with Netflix & Apple TV only) and hidden roll-down privacy shades.
- Enormous east terrace for entertaining, sunrise yoga sessions. Exterior stairs to the pool below.
- Glass-railed stairs to the rooftop garden, outdoor kitchen, and entertaining space.
- Roofed entertainment area with shaded dining area for 8-10 people, outdoor kitchen and prep area plus propane grill.
- 360-degree views, private sunbathing, amazing sunrises, and sunsets.
- Outdoor furniture includes sofa, chairs and coffee table as well as (4) chaise lounges
- Multi-zone A/C (5 zones/thermostats). Great room sliders can be fully opened or left closed.
- 6 LCD TVs and multiple programming choices (Cable, Apple TV, Xbox, DVD, Netflix)
- Propane grills off of the kitchen and on the rooftop terrace
- Propane Rinnai hot water heater for endless hot water
- Dining table and chairs indoors and outdoors
- Mid-week light housekeeping included (6-night minimum)
- 2 tandem kayaks included by owner (waiver required)
- Home security system
- Heavy landscaping on the sides and front entryway for privacy
- Evening full illumination package for the gardens and beach area
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef-protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but also can have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations.
The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as the swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear pool shoes or fins for foot protection. The prevailing trade winds from the east also make flying insects less of a pest—many of the homes in Rum Point don’t even need a screened porch.
Olympus has a very sandy water entrance for swimming, however, there are critters so please wear foot protection. We do get tidal seagrasses on the beach. The owners hire a service that will rake the beach weekly to make a clear path to the water for snorkeling, kayaking, and swimming.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many watersports, a fine-dining restaurant, a beach bar & grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also nearby is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
Your Concierge & Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Platinum Concierge services - upon confirmation, prior to arrival, and during your stay.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
- Arrange airport pick-up & rental vehicles (fee applies)
- Special event/dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket/arrangement
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on the same day
- Day-after-arrival & mid-week guest services follow-up
- Complimentary use of Apple TVs, bluetooth speakers, beverage coolers
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Complimentary memory foam roll-away bed delivery
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $3,000 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Additional tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Olympus1506 Rum Point Drive Grand Cayman , KX
36 user reviewsstars based on
Most Beautiful House Ever!
Better than Photos
Beautiful Villa. Very Restful.
Quiet get away
Perfect Home in Perfect Location
Olympus Stunning Masterpiece!!!
Birthday on Grand Cayman at Olympus
Springtime on Cayman
Olympus like Mount Olympus!
Precious Home and Location
Modern Elegance at its Finest
Most Amazing Property We Have Rented!
The Perfect Getaway
Incredible Last Minute Trip
Surprise Birthday Party
Second Visit to Cayman
AMAZING HOUSE AND GREAT SERVICE
Best Villa We\'ve Stayed In!
Absolutely Stunning - 5 Stars Not Enough
|Aug 15, 2023||Nov 03, 2023||$1,650|
|Nov 04, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||$2,150|
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$2,650|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$2,150|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$3,750|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$4,150|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$2,750|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$2,950|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$1,850|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$2,150|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$1,650|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$2,150|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$2,650|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$2,150|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$3,750|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$4,150|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$2,750|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$2,950|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$1,850|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$2,150|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$1,650|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$2,150|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$2,650|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$2,150|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$3,750|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 12.90% Villa Concierge & Service Fee added to all rates.
- A departure cleaning fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage & excess cleaning deposit is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Lower Occupancy Discounts
Owner offers lower rates for fewer guests:
- Groups of 8 or fewer guests, staying over non-holiday nights, receive a $150 discount off the daily rate.
- Unoccupied bedrooms will be locked off for the duration of your stay.
Occupancy Discounts are automatically applied against the full base rent when entering your dates and number of guests.
- 4 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the villa during the entire rental period.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 7.4 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 24.7 miles (47 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.