On The Rocks
Welcome to On The Rocks. This oceanfront gated estate is conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport in the planned residential community of Beach Bay.
The dozen or so homes along this rugged coastline share a key neighborhood amenity: a wonderful sandy beach cove, with protected swimming and excellent snorkeling, just 5 minutes from the villa! Our guests report seeing lobster, octopus, and teeming juvenile fish along the coral heads.
Architecturally, the design and flow of the house is low-country plantation-style with elevated ocean views throughout, a wrap-around veranda, and a central great room with walk-out access to a private freshwater pool.
There is an enormous driveway for parking and a garage with an optional guest suite above.
The main 6-bedroom, 3-bathroom villa features a wrap-around veranda that provides a full-day respite from the Caribbean sun with shaded areas for a good read, morning yoga sessions, breakfast, or sunset viewings.
The freshwater pool has a wide sundeck with lounge chaises as well as a gazebo for al fresco dining by the sea. A zoysia grass lawn feels cool on bare feet and the estate has many mature palm trees for additional shade.
(Main Villa Sleeps 12 Guests.
Main Villa + Guest Suite Sleeps 14 Guests.)
- Primary Suite: upper-level, king bed, ocean views, television, walk-out access to a private balcony, ensuite bathroom with deep soaking tub and separate shower.
- Bedroom #1: upper-level, four poster queen bed, ocean views, desk + chair, shares upper-level hall bathroom equipped with a shared bath.
- Bedroom #2: upper-level, two twin beds, garden views, shares upper-level hall bathroom equipped with a shower bath.
- Bedroom #3: upper-level, queen bed, garden views, shares upper-level hall bathroom equipped with a shower bath.
- Bedroom #4: lower-level, queen bed, ocean views, television, walk-out access to the pool deck, shares connected bathroom equipped with a shower bath.
- Bedroom #5: lower-level, queen bed, shares connect bathroom equipped with shower bath.
- Optional Guest Suite: detached and above the garage with air conditioning, kitchenette, living and dining area, television with AppleTV + Xbox 360, queen bed, and bathroom with shower.
The optional guest suite is ideal for those who prefer to be under separate roofs from the rest of the group—nannies, teenagers, in-laws, snoring uncles, etc.
- The great room is furnished with plush sofa seating, a large cable television, plus ocean views with walk-out access to the pool deck.
- A gourmet kitchen is stocked with modern appliances including cookware, flatware, glassware, and cutlery.
- The oceanside veranda is furnished with outdoor dining tables seating 12 guests, plus a lounge area with patio seating.
- Gazebo dining table seats 4 with oceanfront views.
- Large full laundry room directly off the kitchen.
- Enormous oceanfront primary suite with walk-out access to a private furnished balcony.
- A second den with cable television, Apple TV, and a DVD player
- 2 queen bedrooms and 1 twin bedroom all share one hall bathroom equipped with a shower bath.
With heavy landscaping on both sides of the property, On The Rocks provides guests with enhanced privacy and quiet enjoyment throughout their stay.
^Reduced rates are offered to small groups not requiring all bedrooms. See Rates tab for pricing.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
On The Rocks estate is on an elevated rocky bluff overlooking the Caribbean Sea. In the evening it is not unusual to see cruise ships passing by on their way back to Jamaica or the USA. We have great panoramic views, however, you would not enter the beach from the rear of the house.
This executive residential development of "Beach Bay" has about 12 homes, like On The Rocks, that all share a sandy beach cove with protected snorkeling just east of the villa. Parking is offered if you prefer to drive. The owner has 6 beach chairs for you to use. If you need more, please ask the manager.
The beach offers a sandy entry into the water and multiple palm trees provide shade--no need to take an umbrella! As this is still a marine environment, we recommend either swim fins or stretchy water shoes to protect the feet from sharp shell shards, broken urchin spines, etc.
The water is clear and the bottom is sandy, but we still err on the side of caution.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of On The Rocks129 Sea Spray Drive Grand Cayman , ----
21 user reviewsstars based on
Wonderful Vacation Home
Better Than Expected!
Will Be Back!
Once in a Lifetime Destination
Couldn’t Have Been Happier
Again and again!
A great house
Family vacation and birthday celebration
Great Accommodations and Amenities
Beautiful and Protected!
On The Rocks is Special
2 Weeks in Paradise
Christmas in Cayman
|Aug 15, 2023||Nov 03, 2023||$1,000|
|Nov 04, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||$1,200|
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$1,795|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$1,395|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$2,395|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$2,645|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$1,695|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$1,845|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$1,245|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$1,350|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$1,000|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$1,200|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$1,795|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$1,395|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$2,395|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$2,645|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$1,695|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$1,845|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$1,245|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$1,350|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$1,000|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$1,200|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$1,795|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$1,395|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$2,395|
Taxes & Fees
- Rates above assume full occupancy of the villa + guest suite, 14 guests total.
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage deposit is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Lower Occupancy Discounts
Owner offers lower rates for fewer guests:
- Groups of 12 or fewer guests, not needing the guest suite over non-holiday nights, receive a $150 discount off the daily rate.
- The guest suite will be locked off for the duration of your stay.
Occupancy Discounts are automatically applied against the full base rent when entering your dates and number of guests.
- 5-night minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to rent and must occupy the home during the entire stay.
- Owner does not permit local rentals or staycations.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 9.4 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 10 miles (24 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.