Papaya Cottage is a 2-bedroom oceanfront home in West Bay at the northern tip of Cayman's western peninsula. Architecturally identical to the other three cottages surrounding it, this cozy getaway can sleep 5 guests, 4 adults max.
Each floor plan opens to the sea with a pergola extending over the front porch creating an elevated lounging perch with ocean views. The bedroom suites sit on opposite wings of the cottage with direct access to the front porch.
(Sleeps 5 guests total, 4 adults max)
- Primary Suite - king bed, TV with Apple TV device, garden and ocean views, ensuite bath with modern fixtures, large jacuzzi tub, stand-alone rain shower.
- Queen Suite - queen bed, garden and ocean views, ensuite bath with modern fixtures, European shower-tub combo.
- A roll-away bed is available in each cottage.
Each cottage features a vaulted great room with ocean views encompassing the living, dining, and kitchen areas. The professionally-decorated interiors combine soothing hues, natural textures, and modern materials to evoke an updated island vibe.
The kitchen is outfitted with stainless appliances including a side-by-side refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, electric range, and modern appliances. The kitchens are fully stocked with plates, glassware, flatware, and serving pieces. A family dining table sits adjacent to the kitchen with seating for all.
The living area is punctuated with a colorful accent wall mounted with a flat-screen TV. The ocean views also make quite a statement. Each cottage is also equipped with a full washer and dryer, personal safe, and wifi.
We usually require a 3-night minimum, however, during the low season the owner may consider shorter stays. Please inquire prior to booking.
ABOUT SEA ORCHARD RETREAT
Sea Orchard Retreat is a boutique gated resort of oceanfront cottages on the quiet north coast of West Bay in beautiful Grand Cayman. Located just 10 minutes from Seven Mile Beach, guests can enjoy all the resorts, water sports, restaurants, and leisure activities the area has to offer. The shops of George Town & Camana Bay are also only a short drive away.**
The resort consists of four individual 2-bedroom cottages, a large resort pool with a heated spa and cabanas, a fitness center, and seaside hammocks under sea grape trees.
With 400 feet of natural shoreline perched on a reef-protected marine park, guests can enjoy a vibrant snorkeling experience or kayaking adventure. While it has a sandy beach, that is raked periodically, it's not a barefoot swimming beach. However, guests are provided both snorkeling gear and complimentary water shoes for exploring.
Famous Ristorante Pappagallo is within walking distance while the new Kimpton Seafire Resort & Spa is less than 10 minutes away by cab. Barkers Beach, an oceanfront nature conservancy home to nesting turtles, birds, and other fauna is a short 5-minute walk away. Since there is no Uber or Lyft on island you might want to consider a rental car. The resort has gated on-site parking.
SEA ORCHARD RETREAT AMENITIES
- 60-foot oceanfront pool and hot tub
- Poolside cabana, plus loungers, umbrellas, and sunbed
- 2 dining tables each with seating for 12
- Fitness Center (treadmill, elliptical, universal, stretching, weight set with bench)
- Multiple beachfront cabanas for yoga, reading, inspiration, massage
- Hammocks hung within the sea grape trees along the shore
- Snorkeling equipment provided
- Kayaks, paddles and life jackets provided
- Beach towels are provided in each cottage
SEA ORCHARD RETREAT SERVICES
- Optional Airport Transportation (mini-van, US$50 each way)**
- Mid-week housekeeping scheduled by our guests (7-night stay required)
- Free WiFi/Internet in each cottage
OUR PREFERRED VENDOR SERVICES (charges apply)
- Scuba Diving Trips
- Stingray Sandbar/Snorkeling Trips
- Grocery & Beverage Pre-Stocking
- Fishing Trips (deep sea, reef, or flyfishing)
- Horseback Riding
- Cayman Helicopters
- Dolphin Discovery
- Botanical Garden
- Crystal Cave Tours
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**The mini-van transportation service must be arranged well in advance. We strongly recommend a rental car or using a taxi service for transportation to restaurants, shopping, and off-site excursions. There is no Uber or Lyft service on-island.
Show more details ...
Sea Orchard Retreat is a gated oceanfront boutique resort with 4 private well-decorated 2 bedroom, 2 bath villas surrounding an oceanfront pool and spa. The actual beach here is sandy, however, the shoreline can be pebbly & rocky as one enters the water to snorkel. Our guests will use kayaks to access the shallow snorkeling reef and coral heads.
Sea Orchard Retreat is less than 10 minutes from the barefoot swimming on Seven Mile Beach as well as all the restaurants, resorts, and watersports offered.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
Guest Reviews of Papaya Cottage375C Conch Point Road Grand Cayman , ----
13 user reviewsstars based on
Beautiful and peaceful place for a relaxing vacation
Papaya + Other Cottages
Book the Stay!
Amazing stay at Papaya at the Sea Orchard
A quiet paradise
Amazing Wedding Spot
Great Luxurious Property!!
Fantastic Small Resort
- 3 nights minimum stay required.
- 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Inquire for last-minute discounts
- No check-ins over Christmas Day, Boxing Day (Dec 26), & Easter Sunday.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 21 years or older to book and must occupy the cottage during the entire rental period.
- Discounted rates available for extended stays (7+ days).
- Small weddings encouraged! Supplemental refundable wedding deposit required.
- Local resident remove taxes.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- Cleaning fee added for enhanced pre-arrival & post-departure cleaning
- Owner requires a $500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- Rollaway bed provided for 5th guest, 12 or younger.
- Infants under 24-months do not count against occupancy.
- Pack 'n Plays are provided at no additional charge.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 24.4 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 9.3 miles (21 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.