Seaside Dreams - Island House #20
- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
Seaside Dreams is a beautiful, newly renovated villa with modern yet comfortable furnishings.
This lovely villa overlooks the clear waters of the Bioluminescent Bay in the idyllic Rum Point and Cayman Kai community. This location is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of Seven Mile Beach and offers enchanting vistas, secluded beaches, and numerous amenities.
The ground floor features an open-concept design that allows the living and dining areas to flow into one. The fully equipped kitchen houses stainless steel appliances and a wine fridge. The true focal point of the home is the spacious two-story screened lanai facing the turquoise sea that offers additional lounge seating and alfresco dining.
A large swimming pool with a sundeck is located on the water for guests of the complex to enjoy! For adventure seekers, Seaside Dreams offers two tandem kayaks and two bicycles complimentary with your stay.
(Sleeps 5 guests total)
- Primary Suite: upper-level, king bed, waterfront, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with a tub/shower combination.
- Guest Suite: upper-level, queen bed + full-sized day bed, waterfront, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with a tub/shower combination.
- Pack-n-play cribs are available complimentary via Silver Thatch Guest Services.
Access to amazing natural surroundings is at your back door overlooking the quiet waters of the cove. Experience the magic and relaxation that comes along with a stay at Seaside Dreams.
^ Notes: The Island Houses belong to the Cayman Kai Homeowners Association and observe an outdoor noise curfew at 10:00 PM. Neighbors are very respectful of each other's privacy and quiet enjoyment.
* A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
** Silver Thatch tandem kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The Island Houses enjoy a smooth sandy beach with no rocks. These 9 clusters of 2 villas are staggered along the water's edge at the top of the Cayman Kai Cove...with quiet shallow water, a shared freshwater pool, and a dock for our guests to use for kayaking or for private charter collection. The water here is shallow with a soft bottom and not really suitable for snorkeling or swimming when the best water is directly across the street at the famous Rum Point Club (open to the public, restaurant reopens mid-2023).
The surrounding area offers a wide variety of activities with the Rum Point Beach Club located within 200 yards. Rum Point offers a spectacular white sandy beach with vibrant snorkeling, plus shady hammock spots. Chaises are plentiful and first-come, first-served.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games.
It's from the Rum Point pier that the Red Sail Cayman's 65’ catamaran departs to the stingray sandbar for snorkeling trips. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina. Just a great neighborhood dotted with million-dollar oceanfront villas.
Hop on the Cayman ferry at the Kaibo Marina, and sail across the North Sound to Camana Bay for a day trip of shopping, dining, and much, much more. There's also easy access from Camana Bay to Seven Mile Beach and all the restaurants, bars and activities in the area.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on the same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks & paddleboards available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Seaside Dreams - Island House #20Grand Cayman ,
12 user reviewsstars based on
Beautiful Vacation! Just as described! No regrets!
we will be back!
Wow!!! A true dream!
Great Property and Location
Fantastic family beach vacation!
Enjoyed our Trip
Will Not Disappoint!
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival using health agency-approved cleaners and disinfectants. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- Rates above based on 5 person occupancy.
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- $125 Cleaning Fee (standard) added to all reservations
- Owner requires a $500 refundable damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Home is on the island's Bioluminescent Bay
- 3-minute walk across the road to Rum Point Beach (temporarily closed)
- 1.1 miles south to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 1.6 miles south to Starfish Point
- 4.4 miles to the nearest general store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 6.2 miles east to Over the Edge restaurant
- 9 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 12.6 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
- 26 miles (50-minute drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.