SunRays - Luxury Platinum Villa
LUXURY PLATINUM COLLECTION VILLA
New to our Portfolio!
Welcome to SunRays, a newly built, luxury oceanfront estate located directly on a barefoot beach with calm waters and sunset views. This magnificent new villa lacks nothing and checks just about every box imaginable for a sumptuous island vacation.
The vacation experience for our Luxury Platinum Collection villas begins with a group airport greeting by a professional chauffeur and a 28-seat mini-coach (7-day min stay). Our on-island hospitality team can coordinate the delivery of your rental vehicles to the villa in advance. The villa's driveway has plenty of off-street and covered parking for 4-5 vehicles.
Located in the resort neighborhood of Cayman Kai, guests can expect very light vehicle traffic and short walking distances to the Rum Point Club (reopening Spring 2023), and the Kaibo. A luxe beach dining destination, Kaibo provides casual beachfront dining or elegant fine dining across two restaurants. Kaibo also features watersport rentals and ferry service to Camana Bay for day trips.
Pre-stocking the villa with groceries and beverages is also a popular choice by our guests, as is having our team coordinate in-villa dining with a private chef, or family-style cook, for a few nights. Brunch service can also be arranged.
SunRays is a three-story villa measuring 7,200 square feet indoors with another 5,000 square feet of outdoor living and entertaining areas.
The oceanfront lanai overlooks the pool and white-sandy beachfront with a private dock and putting green. Hone your chipping and putting game amid sunny oceanfront views.
The outdoor kitchen and dining area are screened. The pool and spa areas are elevated to offer privacy from any passersby on the beach as well as amazing sunset views at cocktail hour while sitting on the submerged bench seats in the pool or spa (the spa is heated Nov 15 - Apr 15).
SunRays offers privacy, luxury amenities, and convenience as well as a quintessential barefoot swimming beach and private dock all with on-island hospitality support.
(Licensed to sleep 22 Guests; 18 Adults max.)
- Bedroom Suite #1 - lower level, ocean views, king bed, SmartTV, walk-out access to the pool deck, walk-in closet, grand ensuite with double vanity, walk-in tiled shower, soaking tub, and walk-out stone-walled outdoor shower.
- Bedroom Suite #2 - lower-level, island views, two queen beds, SmartTV, closet, ensuite with walk-in shower with a water wand and rainfall shower head.
- Bedroom Suite #3 - upper-level, elevated ocean views, king bed, walk-out access to a shared balcony, SmartTV, walk-in closet, grand ensuite bathroom with double vanity, walk-in rainfall shower, and soaking tub.
- Bedroom Suite #4 - upper-level, elevated ocean views, king bed, walk-out access to a shared balcony, walk-in closet, SmartTV, grand ensuite with double vanity, walk-in tiled shower, and soaking tub.
- Bedroom Suite #5 - upper-level, island views, king bed, double closets, SmartTV, ensuite with large shower bath.
- Bedroom Suite #6 - upper-level, island views, queen bed, walk-in closet, SmartTV, ensuite with walk-in shower.
- Bedroom Suite #7 - upper-level, island views, two sets of full-over-full bunks, dresser, closet, SmartTV, beanbag chairs, ensuite with walk-in shower; suitable for 6 children or 2 adults.
- Bedroom Suite #8 - loft level via a private staircase, elevated ocean views, king bed, walk-out access to a private balcony, SmartTV, desk with chair, small coffee and beverage station, ensuite with double vanity, and tiled shower.
Click on Guest Services Tab Above for More Details
- Airport greeting, baggage assistance, and group transportation by motorcoach upon arrival and departure (7-day stay required).
- At-villa property manager greeting day of arrival.
- Mid-week light housekeeping (7-day stay required), linen-change weekly.
- Silver Thatch services for pre-planning and concierge items.
- Access to a private fitness center at Silver Thatch.
- On-island manager for any maintenance or equipment operating questions.
- In-villa chefs, cooks, servers, masseuses, and yoga instructors are available for private hire.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
***Additional tandem kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) are available for discounted rental. A signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
The beach behind SunRays is pure soft sand with barefoot entry into the shallow warm water. We have a sand bar out about 100 yards with ankle-deep water for frisbee or ball games.
The water here is usually very calm--the most beautiful cerulean blue just past the shoreline. We do have some seasonal soft grass in the water, but nothing to interrupt your enjoyment.
A private dock sits over a depth of about 2-3 feet to permit rental jet skis or a small boat to moor to the dock.
The sandy beach is sloped to provide privacy around the pool area from passersby, but also provides plenty of room for throwing a frisbee or football. Enjoy barefoot walks on the beach to the south, or a shorter walk north to the Rum Point Club (reopens March 2023) for watersports, fine dining, and beach vibes.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The Resort & Transport Fee includes your Platinum Guest Services Membership.
- Platinum Concierge services - upon confirmation, prior to arrival, and during your stay.
- Arrival & Departure (one each way) Group Airport Transfer via Motorcoach (7-day min. stay). $1,000 Guest Credit if not required.
- VIP fast-track airport arrival through Immigration & Customs (fee charged by CIAA)
- Assistance with rental car reservations with at-villa delivery
- Centralized on-island guest services & welcome center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business center access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL courier supplies
- Guest benefit & discount card for savings at Preferred Vendors
- 10% advance booking discount for private Watersports scuba and snorkel charters
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Coordinate special events, private dinners & private transportation
- Referral to preferred vendors, restaurants, and watersports
- At-villa meet & greet with your property manager on the day of arrival
- Complimentary convenience items: baby equipment, snorkel gear, Apple TVs, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- Welcome amenity gift basket: champagne, locally-sourced products
- 1X mid-week light weekday housekeeping (7-day stay required)
- Luxury linens, towels, & robes provided
- Gilchrist & Soames soaps, body wash, lotion, shampoo & conditioner per bathroom
- Complimentary early check-in or late check-out
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting, massage, or family photography services
- $5,000 of Accidental Damage Protection for the villa (indoor items & decor)
- 2 complimentary tandem kayaks and 2 paddleboards are provided*
- Additional kayaks, Seaview boards, & paddleboards are available for discounted rental & free delivery*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of SunRays - Luxury Platinum Villa, Grand Cayman
6 user reviewsstars based on
Better then Pictures, Concierge is the Best!
Wonderful Family Stay
|Aug 15, 2023||Nov 03, 2023||$2,950|
|Nov 04, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||$3,950|
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$4,950|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$4,150|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$7,950|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$8,950|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$5,450|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$5,950|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$3,950|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$4,450|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$2,950|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$4,450|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$5,250|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$4,650|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$7,950|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$8,950|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$5,450|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$5,950|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$3,950|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$4,450|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$2,950|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$4,450|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$5,250|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$4,650|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$7,950|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 12.90% Resort and Transport Fee added to all rates.
- A 3.50% admin fee is added to all guest charges.
- A departure cleaning fee is added for all stays.
- A refundable damage & excess cleaning deposit of $2,500 is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
- 5-night minimum stay is required.
- Shorter stays can be accepted if the calendar permits. Short stays may be subject to a higher cleaning fee.
- 6 nights minimum are required for Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum are required over Christmas & New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's are split into two rental periods. Please inquire about your travel dates prior to booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire rental period.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Across the street from the island's Bioluminescent Bay
- Short walk up the road to Rum Point Beach
- 1.1 miles south to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 1.6 miles south to Starfish Point
- 4.4 miles to the nearest general store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 6.2 miles east to Over the Edge restaurant
- 9 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 12.6 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
- 26 miles (50 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.