- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
Welcome to Tarasand! This two-story luxury villa sits on the waterfront in Cayman Kai, a short distance from the Rum Point Club along the north coast.
Tarasand is a great family villa offering barefoot swimming off the shores of the home's palm-shaded beach.
Located at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, Tarasand is extremely private. Chances are high that you will not see a soul on the beach your entire stay.
Lounge in the hammock on the white sandy beach, or enjoy sunsets from the home's multiple decks. Luxurious interiors and a great open concept design compliment the excellent Caribbean views.
Tarasand’s Notable Features
- Barefoot swimming beach just steps from the back door with lounge chairs, palm-shaded hammock, and propane grill
- Walk to two fine-dining restaurants, coffee shop, and beach bars
- Open, airy architecture with great flow allowing for a cross-breeze during the winter months, when the A/C isn’t necessary
- Panoramic Caribbean views from the living, kitchen and dining areas
- Fully equipped, gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, island stove, double-oven, large stainless steel sink, dishwasher, and wine cooler
Plenty of oceanfront windows and sliding doors fill the living area, kitchen, and bar with sunlight and panoramic views of the azure waters off of Cayman Kai. The fully equipped, modern kitchen offers all the standard appliances, dishware, cookware, and cutlery.
Sunsets are especially enjoyable from the decks at Tarasand. Facing southwest, the setting sun provides a wonderful warm end to an active day of snorkeling, SCUBA diving or just relaxing in Grand Cayman. The white sand beach not only offers barefoot swimming but has lounge chairs, a palm-shaded hammock and a Propane grill for cooking by the sea.
Bedroom & Bathroom Layout
(Sleeps 8 guests total)
- Master Suite: oceanfront, king bed, private balcony, large walk-in closet, ensuite bath with soaking tub and walk-in shower.
- King Suite: ocean views, king bed, private deck, ensuite bath with a soaking tub and walk-in shower.
- Queen Bedroom: queen bed, garden views, shares a large bathroom with the first floor twin bedroom.
- Twin Bedroom: two twin beds, garden views, shares a large bathroom with the first floor queen bedroom; twins can be converted to a king.
Accommodates up to 8 guests. Excellent high-end family villa or 2-3 couples villa.
Housekeeping available as an option. Arrange directly with on-island manager upon arrival.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The homes on the sound front in Cayman Kai offer the best beaches as they don't have as much marine and plant life inhabiting the shallows. The beaches are typically soft white sand. The homes facing west offer barefoot swimming in shallow calm waters. The homes facing south (Kaibo Condos & Pools of the Kai) have great white sand beaches, but softer sea bottom. You will probably want to walk across the street to swim in sandier water.
The sunsets here are also wonderful, but the big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina.
Lastly, we have 2 large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop.
These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, ocean front pools and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Tandem kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Tarasand103 Finger Cay Road Grand Cayman , KY
39 user reviewsstars based on
We had an Amazing Vacation at Villa Tarasand!
A piece of paradise
Relaxing Family Getaway!
beautiful house and beach
Slice of heaven
Tops Our List of Rentals We Have Chosen Over The Years
Stunning Private Property
Staying at Tarasand in Rum Point area of Grand Cayman
the ideal place to relax
Repeat Visit to Tarasand
Family Memories - Love This Home
Memories at Tarasand
Stay at tarasand
The Perfect Get Away
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed! Please come back soon!
Thank you for your kind words! Great location and great, well-maintained home! Please come back soon! --Scott
The perfect spot for a relaxing vacation!
Great Home for Families with Kids
Beautiful modern home
Stay Tarasands Villa!!!!! It Is Amazing!!!!!
Beautiful villa and location
Piece of Paradise
This owner doesn't provide kayaks for liability reasons but then many owners do not provide them. They also do not have a swimming pool for the same reason. Glad you enjoyed the property!
A REAL family vacation
Extraordinary Family Vacation
No unfortunate surprises!
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to lease and must occupy the property during the entire rental period.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays
- Owner requires a $1,500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 9.6 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 26.9 miles (52 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.