20% Nearby Construction Discount
Completion by Spring 2024
Use Promo Code BUILD20
As of Feb 1, 2023, construction has begun on the adjacent lot west of Thatch Hill. We expect construction until the Spring of 2024. The owner is offering a 20% discount to offset the inconvenience. Use Promo Code BUILD20 to unlock the savings.
Thatch Hill is located on the north side of the island, just 300 yards east of the Rum Point Club.
Thatch Hill boasts stunning views of the sparkling Caribbean Sea, a large beachfront freshwater pool, and a spacious full-width screened porch with an outdoor dining table for sunset dinners and drinks. A protective reef provides excellent snorkeling just steps off the pool deck!
The interiors are bright and sunny with a comfortable beach house vibe. An open-floor plan divides the house with a large vaulted great room in the center and bedroom suites on each side. The living area comes furnished with a comfortable sofa and love seat, large flat-screen TV, and sliding glass doors onto a screened porch.
A full modern kitchen comes equipped with standard appliances, a breakfast counter with bar seating, and a dining table with seating for six. Dishware, glassware, cookware, cutlery, and a charcoal grill are also provided.
For work-from-home professionals, a new high-speed fiber internet connection has been wired to the property. Multiple users and devices can now connect to the web to work or learn remotely with reliable speeds and increased bandwidth.
(Sleeps 5 adults max., 7 guests total)
- Primary Suite: ocean views, king bed, walk-out access to the screened porch, TV, ensuite bath with walk-in shower.
- Family Suite: ocean views, two twin beds + a set of bunk beds for kids, TV, walk-out access to the screened porch, ensuite bath with dual vanities, and walk-in shower; twin beds can be converted to a king bed upon request.
- Additional sleeping: a roll-away bed can be rented for additional guests.
Lastly, the proximity to the Rum Point Club (reopening in Spring 2023) is perfect! Close enough to be an easy walk to restaurants, bars, and water sports, but far enough away for our guests to escape the crowds.
Discover for yourself why repeat guests love booking their Cayman vacation at Thatch Hill.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Silver Thatch tandem kayaks available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef-protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but also can have spots of rocky iron shore with natural rock formations.
The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as the swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear foot protection—either pool shoes or fins.
The prevailing trade winds from the east also make flying insects less of a nuisance—many of the homes in Rum Point don’t even need a screened porch.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar, and marina
Lastly, there are 2 large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches plus restaurants, a grocery store, a liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop.
These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, oceanfront pools, and bar service. Tortuga Divers and White Sand Water Sports offer snorkeling tours, paddle boards, jet skis, etc.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally.
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency over the years during the summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer/scanner, & shipping supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Tandem kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Thatch HillGrand Cayman , KY
23 user reviewsstars based on
amazing views, comfortable home - would stay here again!
Family Stay at Thatch Hill - February 2023
Thatch Hill Rum Point
great time staying at this beautiful property
Lovely, Huge Pool
Tranquil Oceanfront Retreat!
Thatch Hill Staycation
Incredible Cayman Vacation
We love this house!
Didn’t Want to Leave
Very Nice Staycation / Quarantine
Perfect Beach House
Ringing in the new year
Wonderful Beach Cottage
Absolutely amazing !!
A great 9 days in Thatch Hill villa
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$695|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$595|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$995|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$1,095|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$745|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$795|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$475|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$550|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$445|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$545|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$695|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$595|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$995|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$1,095|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$745|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$795|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$475|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$550|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$445|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$545|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$695|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$595|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$995|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage deposit of $1,000 is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 8.4 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 25.7 miles (49 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.