The Kai Life - Island House #7
The Kai Life is a fully-renovated home and sits directly between the island's Bioluminescent Bay and the beautiful Rum Point Club. Walk across the street to restaurants, a beach bar, watersports, and a wonderful barefoot swimming beach.
The Island Houses are a resort neighborhood of 18 units at the top of Bio Bay, each with its own 2-story screened lanai.
All units share a large swimming pool with a sundeck. This is resort living, but with fewer footprints and more privacy.
The Kai Life is spacious and airy with elegant comfortable furnishings. The property includes an upgraded fiber internet connection perfect for remote working professionals.
The ground floor is open concept and includes a living and dining area, a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a guest powder room, a reading nook with a sleeper sofa, and a laundry room with a full-sized washer and dryer.
Our guests tend to spend many hours outside in the lanai. A private charcoal grill and outdoor shower are behind the lanai.
Balconies from each second-floor bedroom open to the screened lanai to allow the house to be opened up during the cooler winter months. Screened windows on the front also allow a breeze to flow through the house when air-conditioning is not needed.
(Sleeps 4 adults max., 6 guests total)
- Primary Suite: upper-level, waterfront, king bed, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with walk-in shower.
- Guest Suite: upper-level, waterfront, two full-sized beds, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with shower/tub combination.
- Additional sleeping: queen sleeper sofa in the lower level reading nook.
Access to amazing natural surroundings is at your back door overlooking popular Bioluminescent Bay. This enchanting natural wonder comes alive at night with sparkling aquatic life that can be enjoyed while kayaking at night, or you can hire one of the local tour companies for a guided tour.
Our guests also easily walk to the Kaibo Marina and restaurants for additional watersports, dining options, a coffee shop, and to catch the Cayman Ferry over to Camana Bay and Seven Mile Beach.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Tandem kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) are available for discounted rental. Signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
These nine clusters of 2-story townhomes sit staggered along the water's edge with a shared community freshwater pool overlooking the island's Bioluminescent Bay.
Famous for its glowing nighttime waters, Bio Bay is a phenomenon not to be missed especially on moonless nights. Explore at your own pace or book a guided tour with our friends at Cayman Kayaks and Sweet Spot Watersports.
While Bio Bay is ideal for kayaking and paddleboarding, it is not ideal for swimming due to its soft muddy bottom. For a barefoot beach experience with great food and tropical drinks, head across the street to the new Rum Point Club.
Fully renovated and reopened to the public, the new Rum Point Club offers a spectacular barefoot beach experience with vibrant snorkeling, watersport rentals, plus a new restaurant, and an open-air beach bar.
Another dining destination in the neighborhood is the Kaibo. A favorite among locals, the Kaibo consists of a coffee shop and two restaurants, a casual beach bar and grill, and a fine dining restaurant. Live music, beach barbecues, and full moon parties are highlights at Kaibo.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the Crown owns up to the high water mark. The shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally from the images shown due to shifting tides and weather patterns. The next-door beach is always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum seasonally. Sargassum is a harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years.
Sargassum RARELY is an issue at the Island Houses.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Guest Services Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check-out on the same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks & paddleboards available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of The Kai Life - Island House #751 Sand Point Road Grand Cayman ,
13 user reviewsstars based on
Perfect Family Getaway
We Loved This Place
Feels Like Home!
Perfect for local and visiting families
The Kai Life
Sunshine and Sand!
Thanksgiving in Cayman
|Aug 15, 2023||Nov 03, 2023||$295||$5,782|
|Nov 04, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||$350|
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$475|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$375|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$665|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$695|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$495|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$525|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$295|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$350|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$295|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$350|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$475|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$375|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$665|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$695|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$495|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$525|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$295|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$350|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$295|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$350|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$475|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$375|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$665|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage deposit of $500 is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Home is on the island's Bioluminescent Bay
- 1-minute walk across the road to the new Rum Point Club
- 1.1 miles south to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 1.6 miles south to Starfish Point
- 4.4 miles to the nearest general store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 6.2 miles east to Over the Edge restaurant
- 9 miles from Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 12.6 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
- 26 miles (50-minute drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.