The Kai Life - Island House #7
- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
The Kai Life is a fully-renovated home and sits directly between the island's Bioluminescent Bay and the beautiful Rum Point Club. Walk across the street to restaurants (reopening mid-2023), a beach bar, watersports, and a wonderful barefoot swimming beach.
The Island Houses are a resort neighborhood of 18 units at the top of Bio Bay, each with its own 2-story screened lanai.
All units share a large swimming pool with a sundeck. This is resort living, but with fewer footprints and more privacy.
The Kai Life is spacious and airy with elegant comfortable furnishings. The property includes an upgraded fiber internet connection perfect for remote working professionals.
The ground floor is open concept and includes a living and dining area, a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a guest powder room, a reading nook with a sleeper sofa, and a laundry room with a full-sized washer and dryer.
Our guests tend to spend many hours outside in the lanai. A private charcoal grill and outdoor shower are behind the lanai.
Balconies from each second-floor bedroom open to the screened lanai to allow the house to be opened up during the cooler winter months. Screened windows on the front also allow a breeze to flow through the house when air-conditioning is not needed.
(Sleeps 4 adults max., 6 guests total)
- Primary Suite: upper-level, waterfront, king bed, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with walk-in shower.
- Guest Suite: upper-level, waterfront, two full-sized beds, private screened balcony, ensuite bath with shower/tub combination.
- Additional sleeping: queen sleeper sofa in the lower level reading nook.
Access to amazing natural surroundings is at your back door overlooking popular Bioluminescent Bay. This enchanting natural wonder comes alive at night with sparkling aquatic life that can be enjoyed while kayaking at night, or you can hire one of the local tour companies for a guided tour.
Our guests also easily walk to the Kaibo Marina and restaurants for additional watersports, dining options, a coffee shop, and to catch the Cayman Ferry over to Camana Bay and Seven Mile Beach.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Tandem kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) are available for discounted rental. Signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
The Island Houses enjoy a smooth sandy beach with no rocks. These 9 clusters of 2 villas are staggered along the water's edge at the top of the Cayman Kai Cove...with quiet shallow water, a shared freshwater pool and dock for our guests to use for kayaking or for private charter collection. The water here is shallow with a soft bottom and not really suitable for snorkeling or swimming when the best water is directly across the street at the famous Rum Point Club (open to the public).
The surrounding area offers a wide variety of activities with the Rum Point Beach Club located within 200 yards. Rum Point offers a spectacular white sandy beach with vibrant snorkeling, plus shady hammock spots, watersports, two restaurants and a beach bar. Chaises are plentiful and first-come, first-served.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop and pick-up beach volleyball games.
It's from the Rum Point pier that the Red Sail Cayman's 65’ catamaran departs to stingray sandbar for snorkeling trips. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina. Just a great neighborhood dotted with million-dollar oceanfront villas.
Hop on the Cayman ferry at the Kaibo Marina, and sail across the North Sound to Camana Bay for a day trip of shopping, dining, and much, much more. There's also easy access from Camana Bay to Seven Mile Beach and all the restaurants, bars and activities in the area.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. This is VERY RARE at the Island Houses.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on the same day
- $1,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Additional tandem kayaks & paddleboards available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of The Kai Life - Island House #751 Sand Point Road Grand Cayman ,
10 user reviewsstars based on
Perfect Family Getaway
We Loved This Place
Perfect for local and visiting families
The Kai Life
Sunshine and Sand!
Thanksgiving in Cayman
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Cleaning Fee added to all reservations.
- Owner requires a $500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Home is on the island's Bioluminescent Bay
- 3-minute walk across the road to Rum Point Beach (temporarily closed)
- 1.1 miles south to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 1.6 miles south to Starfish Point
- 4.4 miles to the nearest general store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 6.2 miles east to Over the Edge restaurant
- 9 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 12.6 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
- 26 miles (50-minute drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.