- Beach Notes
- Taxes & Promos
- Booking Rules
- Guest Services
- Floor Plan
- Book Now
Owner Donates all Profits to Veteran's Charities
Twin Palms Villa is directly oceanfront in the Rum Point district and enjoys a sandy beach and protective coral reef with excellent snorkeling. No neighbors on either side ensure guest privacy. New contemporary 18' x 54' pool and infinity hot tub as well as a pool table, foosball and shuffleboard table in the game room.
This deceptively large 6,500 sq ft single-story contemporary home was built specifically for entertaining larger families. Twin Palms offers stunning glass-wall views and has a great open-concept feel.
Twin Palms Unique Features
- 100' oceanfront covered veranda for protection from the sun
- 56' pool with integral heated infinity edge spa, LED lighting.
- Pool table, Foosball, and Shuffle Board in the game room
- 2 super-duty kayaks and lots of tech toys (Xbox One, Sonos, Apple TV, etc.)
- Veranda offers an exterior half-bath so that guests need not walk inside as often with sand on their feet
- The main 6BR house (7th bedroom/owner suite is locked-off) can sleep 12 and with the attached king studio suite (sleeps 2 more) with a private bath & full kitchen, the configuration works for nannies, grandparents, etc. King Studio is accessible from the exterior as well as through the east laundry room area. Maximum 12 Adults.
- Large, modern kitchen with breakfast bar, stainless steel appliances, 2 dishwashers (easy cleanup!), and tons of counter space for feeding a large group
- Media room with a large flat-screen TV and plenty of comfortable seating
- Multiple dining areas, all with gorgeous oceanfront views. Outdoor dining tables delivered in February
- Extra TVs for movies and gaming
- The house uses multiple SONOS speaker systems
- The main living area and media room each offer multiple reclining seat choices for watching sports, movies or gaming
- Large, custom charcoal grill with breeze protection.
The owner is deeply involved in Veteran charities and pledges all profits from this villa to those charities each year (plus his own financial support).
Twin Palm’s Sleeping Arrangements
(Sleeps 14 guests total)
- Oceanfront Master Suite #1 - stunning ocean views, king bed, sliding glass doors to the pool deck, TV, and an ensuite bath with a walk-in shower.
- Oceanfront Suite #2 - stunning ocean views, king bed, sliding glass doors to the pool deck, TV, and an ensuite bath with a walk-in shower.
- King Studio Suite - king suite with a kitchenette (oven, full-sized fridge, and microwave) and an ensuite bath with a combination tub/shower.
- Queen Bedroom #1 - queen bed, garden views, and shares a bathroom with Twin Bedroom #1
- Twin Bunkroom #1 - two twin-over-full bunk beds, garden views, and shares a bathroom with Queen Bedroom #1 (PHOTOS SOON)
- Queen Bedroom #2 - queen bed, garden views, and shares a bathroom with Twin Bedroom #2
- Twin Bedroom #2 - two twin beds, garden views, and shares a bathroom with Queen Bedroom #2
The villa enjoys a deep sandy beach, 2 tandem kayaks, and 10 loungers for sunbathing. We enjoy a small area on the beach that is sandy barefoot entry to the water as well for children.
The owner does not charge an extra fee for spa heat. The pool itself is not heated--even the Ritz-Carlton and Westin hotels do not heat their pools in winter this far south.
Weddings and events may be permitted. An event fee and additional refundable damage deposit apply.
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Additional Silver Thatch kayaks and seaview boards available for discounted rental. A signed waiver is required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but also can have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations.
The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear foot protection (pool shoes or fins). The prevailing breeze (trade winds) from the east also makes flying insects less of a nuisance—many of the homes in Rum Point don’t even need a screened porch.
Twin Palms offers a very sandy backyard and beach and there are areas in the water that offer some barefoot beach entry—we still recommend water shoes. Excellent snorkeling as well.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina
Lastly, we have 2 large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop.
These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, ocean front pools and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
The Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
- Special event/dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $3,000 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Additional tandem kayaks available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Twin Palms1088 Rum Point Drive Grand Cayman ,
51 user reviewsstars based on
Large Group House
Perfect for Our Family
Best Ever ...
Property was Amazing!
Twin Palms Cayman Islands
Not Able To Travel Due to Covid
Thank You Gayle. Tough times. We try to handle quickly and professionally. Please coe back when things settle down and you are comfortable traveling!
Family get together
Please Let Me Stay Forever
Great family retreat
Bring your swimsuit
Beautiful beach house
Thank you for your review!
Please come back soon!
Grand Cayman Villas
Great Experience at Twin Palms
We are glad you had a nice stay.
We supply starter sets of paper products, soaps, shampoos, etc. You could have called the manager if we were out of stovetop cleaner. We do not stock perishables and food products in general. Many guests leave dry spices and we keep them.
Hope you can come back soon!
Grand Cayman Villas
Lots of Space and Privacy
Thank you for your kind revew. Glad you had a nice stay!
Please come back soon!
Wonderful Home and Location
Delightful Stay for Extended Family
Should be more stars to choose from
Twin Palms is Beautiful
Thank you for your kind review.
Please come back soon!!!
What a View
Stunning Home - Great Location
Have A Blast At Twin Palms
Fantastic Home and Views
Summer in Cayman!
Best Vacation We\'ve Ever Had!!
Fourth Time to Grand Cayman
Best Decision Ever
Special Home for Our Family Memories
Loved Loved Loved It!
First Trip to Grand Cayman!
PERFECT FOR OUR FAMILY OF 13
If only Mother Nature had Cooperated
Thank you for your feedback on Twin Palms and Thelda. I wish there was a way we could control Mother Nature. This has been a tough summer all over the Caribbean for sargassum seaweed. This is not seaweed from anywhere near Cayman, but from the Sargasso Sea in the mid-Atlantic, a thousand miles away. Resorts in the eastern Caribbean have closed. Grand Cayman has been affected, but not to the degree of other islands. Please come back another time. --Scott
Far Exceeds ALL Expectations
Fantastic New Home
Fantastic Home and Views
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
- Weddings and events with a max of 50 guests permitted with prior written approval and a nonrefundable $2,500 event fee.
- Owner requires a supplemental refundable event damage deposit of $2,500.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays.
- Owner requires a $1,500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 6.6 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 23.8 miles (46 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.