Wind Upon The Waves
New to Our Luxury Portfolio
Welcome to Wind Upon the Waves, a newly built, single-level home on the island's South Coast. The owners have designed this 5,000-square-foot gated residence for privacy and exceptional panoramic views of the south coast. While the estate offers a large sandy backyard, the shoreline is rugged iron shore.
For travelers seeking ample living space, home technology, and a contemporary design, Wind Upon The Waves checks all the boxes.
Being only 5 minutes from Cayman Health City makes this home a convenient home base for patients seeking cardiac, orthopedic, or stem-cell treatments nearby. The single-level design also makes this villa wheelchair-accessible.
The open-concept great room is the central focal point of the home with modern furniture, a formal dining table, and a dreamy gourmet kitchen. The vaulted ceilings dramatically accentuate the space while allowing natural light to fill the room. In-ceiling speakers with Sonos audio keep the vibe going throughout the great room, primary suite, fitness room, and outdoor lanai.
Multiple walls of glass windows and doors frame the stunning ocean views from virtually every angle while providing convenient walk-out access to the pool deck.
A formal dining table with seating for 8 separates the living area from the gourmet kitchen.
Wolf/Sub-Zero appliances are perfect for hiring a private chef or pre-stocking the home with your choice of groceries and beverages. A propane grill and outdoor dining table sit on the pool deck for alfresco sunset dinners.
All three bedrooms are oceanfront suites with private attached bathrooms, televisions, and walk-out access to the pool deck.
Top-of-the-line small appliances, Turkish towels, high-end mattresses, hair dryers, bathrobes, and slippers are provided.
(Licensed to sleep 6 adults max, 8 guests total.)
- Primary Suite - king bed, oceanfront, television, walk-out access to the pool deck, ensuite bath with dual vanity, water closet, and walk-in oceanview shower with rainfall shower head.
- West Suite - queen bed, oceanfront, television, walk-out access to the pool deck, ensuite bath with walk-in shower.
- Middle Suite - two twin beds, oceanfront, television, walk-out access to the pool deck, ensuite bath with shower/tub combo. Twin beds can be fitted into a king bed upon request.
- Additional sleeping - queen sleeper sofa in the media room, television, walk-out access to the pool deck, shares hall full bathroom with shower.
The villa enjoys fiber-optic internet for streaming devices and remote professionals.
The media room, adjacent to the middle suite, comes equipped with a large television and a surround sound audio system perfect for sporting events or family movie nights.
Adjacent to the primary suite, the fitness room is a workout paradise with ocean views and the following equipment:
- Freemotion dual cable cross-lite machine
- Concept2 rower
- Schwinn airdyne AD7 bike
- Kettlebells + dumbbells + fixed barbells
- Flat & adjustable bench
- Medicine/exercise balls, bands, ladder, ropes, mats, straps, yoga block
- Due to liability concerns, the barbell, plate weights, and treadmill are not available to guests.
For the adventurous, the best SCUBA diving can be found in the East End. Meaning you're only 15 minutes away from some of the best dive sites and operators in the Caribbean.
Take the plunge and cross some amazing dives off your bucket list!
*Notes: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
Show more details ...
Wind Upon the Waves sits on an elevated, iron-shore shelf overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The villa has scenic panoramic views, however, you cannot enter the ocean from the back of the home. Jagged rocks and rough tides make water entry here perilous.
Instead, guests should visit nearby Heritage Beach or Colliers Public Beach in the east end. See the Map tab for more info.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years.
Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation. We try our best to work around mother nature.
Your Concierge & Service Fee includes your Guest Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Private Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Guest benefit & discount card
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check-out on the same day
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $3,000 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Tandem kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) are available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required.
Guest Reviews of Wind Upon The WavesCottage , Grand Cayman
5 user reviewsstars based on
Amazing Property Right on the Water!
Stunning Waterfront Home
|Aug 15, 2023||Nov 03, 2023||$945|
|Nov 04, 2023||Nov 17, 2023||$1,195|
|Nov 18, 2023||Nov 25, 2023||$1,695|
|Nov 26, 2023||Dec 15, 2023||$1,275|
|Dec 16, 2023||Dec 26, 2023||$2,195|
|Dec 27, 2023||Jan 04, 2024||$2,395|
|Jan 05, 2024||Mar 01, 2024||$1,695|
|Mar 02, 2024||Apr 12, 2024||$1,795|
|Apr 13, 2024||May 24, 2024||$1,095|
|May 25, 2024||Aug 14, 2024||$1,195|
|Aug 15, 2024||Nov 01, 2024||$945|
|Nov 02, 2024||Nov 22, 2024||$1,195|
|Nov 23, 2024||Nov 30, 2024||$1,695|
|Dec 01, 2024||Dec 18, 2024||$1,275|
|Dec 19, 2024||Dec 26, 2024||$2,195|
|Dec 27, 2024||Jan 05, 2025||$2,395|
|Jan 06, 2025||Mar 01, 2025||$1,695|
|Mar 02, 2025||Apr 12, 2025||$1,795|
|Apr 13, 2025||May 24, 2025||$1,095|
|May 25, 2025||Aug 14, 2025||$1,195|
|Aug 15, 2025||Nov 01, 2025||$945|
|Nov 02, 2025||Nov 22, 2025||$1,195|
|Nov 23, 2025||Nov 30, 2025||$1,695|
|Dec 01, 2025||Dec 18, 2025||$1,275|
|Dec 19, 2025||Dec 26, 2025||$2,195|
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 12.90% Villa Concierge & Service Fee added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is required for all stays.
- A refundable damage deposit of $2,500 is required for all stays.
- Refundable damage deposits will be returned to the guest 7 days after departure pending any damages.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum is required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum is required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire about your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 36 minutes from the airport, Owen Roberts International (GCM)
- 8 minutes from our Grand Cayman Villas & Condos Welcome Center
- 13 minutes east to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Express
- 10 minutes east to La Casita Taco & Tequila Bar, Tukka East restaurant, and the Cayman Parrot Sanctuary
- 13 minutes east to The Italian Kitchen restaurant
- 3 minutes west to Heritage Beach or east to The Blowholes
- 11 minutes east to Colliers Public Beach
- 22 minutes west to Spotts Public Beach
- 23 minutes west to Rum Point Beach (temporarily closed)
- 26 minutes west to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill and Starfish Point
- 40 minutes west to Seven Mile Beach
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.