Grand Cayman is home to one of the most beautiful and well-known beaches in the world: 7 Mile Beach. It is a place where time stands still and conch is the catch of the day. If you are visiting Grand Cayman in search of clear aqua blue waters, soft white sand, and soca music, you will not be disappointed. But Grand Cayman has more to offer families than just languishing in the sun. Try these activities during your stay:
- The Jolly Roger Pirate Experience – Have you ever wondered what being on a pirate ship might be like? Find out in Grand Cayman! Enjoy a sword fighting, swashbuckling pirate show in the Caribbean.
- Visit Stingray City – This excursion is fun for everyone. Located on the North Sound, Stingray City is home to just under 100 wild stingrays. Mingle with the stingrays while standing on a sandbar in the middle of the sea. These gentle giants are incredibly friendly and love to be fed. A visit to Stingray City is only a sensory experience that you will not soon forget.
- Swim with the dolphins – Dolphin Cove and Dolphin Discovery offer the opportunity for you to swim with the dolphins. The perfect excursion for children of all ages, the parks both have other opportunities to see exotic wildlife and sea life in lieu of swimming.
- See Grand Cayman by helicopter – Children and parents alike will enjoy soaring above the beaches and mangroves below to see the island in a unique way.
- Snorkel at Rum Point – Enjoy some of the most shallow and clear water on the island.
- Cayman Motor Museum – If you are looking for an activity away from the water and sand, head over to the West Bay and visit the Cayman Motor Museum. The kids will love seeing the bat mobile that was produced for the 1960s TV Series, “Batman”.
- Try a water sport together -There are so many things you can do on the beach to spend a day. Snorkeling is a favorite for all ages, riding Jet Skis, paddle boarding, banana boating, parasailing – the list goes on and on. Make sure to collect seashells along the way to commemorate your day at the beach.
Grand Cayman is a fantastic place to spend your family vacation. Playing in the sun, meeting new people, and having unique experiences are part of what life is all about. You can do all those things and more in Grand Cayman, the jewel in the Caribbean Sea.