Rip Kai - NEW!
NEWLY COMPLETED - LUXURY PLATINUM COLLECTION
Magnificent (new-construction) gated & walled luxury estate with a deep menu of A/V tech, guest services & amenities. Attention to detail and (optional) staffing/chef options give 9BR Rip Kai a micro-resort feel. A convenient oceanfront location in Rum Point on two acres of elevated sand offers our guests serene panoramic views, excellent snorkeling, and long walks on the beach. 5-minute drive (10-minute bike ride) west to the Rum Point Club and Kaibo Beach (restaurants, beach bars, watersports, charter boats, etc.)
The build was completed in the fall of 2022. A small number of furniture & decor installations will be completed by MArch, 2023.
The vacation experience for our Luxury Platinum Collection begins with an airport greeting by a professional driver and a 28-seat mini-coach (7-day stay min). Our on-island guest services team can coordinate with your rental car company for delivery of your rental vehicles to the villa in advance. Pre-stocking the villa with groceries and beverages is also a popular choice by our guests, as is having us arrange cook or chef services for a few nights.
Rip Kai is remote enough to be private, but also convenient to local restaurants, beach bars, water sports & services. Private transport options are available for restaurant dinners in the eastern districts. Includes access to a private (guests & owners only) fitness center (15 min. drive).
The owners purposefully designed & decorated Rip Kai for large, extended families/groups and those celebrating milestone events, with luxury, privacy, tech, and connectivity being primary considerations.
Rip Kai offers our Platinum Experience menu of services & amenities (click the Guest Services tab) with weekday light housekeeping, water toys, beach volleyball, beach games, and add-on menus of optional personal services & convenience items.
- Privacy of Suites is paramount - 5 Great House Suites, 2 (ground floor) Verandah Suites with walk-out to pool and beach, and a separate 2BR/2BA Guesthouse with living, dining, and kitchen areas.
- 6 Kings, 4 full bunks, 4 twins (can be made up as 2 kings) & queen sofa bed can sleep up to 18 adults max (24 person cap including all children)
- Elevator in the Great House
- Entertainment/Living Space- Over 8,000 sq.ft.of great room-to-pool deck flow, all on the ground floor
- Chef's kitchen and prep kitchen in Great House- additional fridge, storage, caterer's door, and prep spaces
- Media room- seating for 12-18 with large-screen TV and SONOS audio system
- Whole house audio and video system with each TV connected to a network of streaming platforms
- Flow fiber internet with multiple access points indoors and outside
- Smart TVs in all 9 bedrooms, guesthouse, games pavilion, BBQ area, and Great House living area & den
- Cable TV channels to the media room, living room, den, and master king suite #1
- Piano Bar- intimate cocktails and piano for those who play
- Wraparound deep verandahs- provide additional event space, protected pool/beach access, and full-day shade
- Beach volleyball court- doubles for use as a large-tent location for private events
- Circular driveway with a covered entry pavilion, parking for 4 vehicles
- Large outdoor pavilion with kitchen, grill, 2 smart TVs, bar & dining area
- Games pavilion (with smart TV) on the pool deck, ping pong table, dartboard, full bathroom with shower
- Pergolas surround the pool deck for shade
- A wide beach-level deck accommodates 12 chaises, above the sand, between the beach and pool infinity edge
- Multiple palm trees for beach shade. Beach loungers overlook the reef-protected waters
- The oceanfront second-floor balcony connects all 3 oceanfront suites of the Great House
- Children's play area with swing set, slide, and roofed play fort
- The grand staircase with vaulted ceiling, coffee/beverage bar in the 2nd-floor foyer of Great House.
Rip Kai Estate Sleeping Arrangements
(Sleeps 26 guests total, 18 adults max)
The 5BR Great House sleeps 10 adults max, plus 2-4 children in full-over-full bunks.
- Primary Suite – upper-level, king bed, oceanfront, vaulted ceilings, walk-out access to oceanfront railed balcony, cable connected Smart TV in hidden console, walk-in closet, ensuite bath with double vanity, makeup station, and tiled shower.
- West Suite – upper-level, king bed, oceanfront, vaulted ceilings, walk-out access to the oceanfront railed balcony, desk, double closets, SmartTV, ensuite bath with tiled shower.
- East Suite – upper-level, king bed, oceanfront, vaulted ceilings, walk-out access to the oceanfront railed balcony, desk, double closets, SmartTV, ensuite bath with tiled shower.
- Bunk Suite – upper-level, 2 sets of full-over-full bunk beds, oceanview, walk-out access to a private balcony, vaulted ceilings, SmartTV, ensuite bath with double vanity, and tiled tub/shower. 8 small children, 4 large children, or 2 Adults.
- Twin Suite – upper-level, 2 twin beds, oceanview, walk-out access to a private balcony, vaulted ceilings, SmartTV, ensuite bath with double vanity, and walk-in shower. Twin beds can be fitted into a king upon request.
Veranda Suites (Detached from the Great House) sleeps 4 adults max.
- West Veranda Suite – king bed, private entry, tall ceilings, walk-out access to pool and beachfront under the west veranda, television, ensuite bath with double vanity, and tiled shower.
- East Veranda Suite – king bed, private entry, tall ceilings, walk-out access to pool and beachfront under the east veranda, television, ensuite bath with double vanity, tiled shower.
Private 2BR Guesthouse - 4 Adults max, 6 with 2 small children on a sleeper sofa.
- Cottage Suite #1 – 2 twin beds, tall ceilings, SmartTV, ensuite bath with tiled shower. Twin beds can be fitted into a king upon request.
- Cottage Suite #2 – king bed, tall ceilings, SmartTV, ensuite bath with tiled shower.
- Additional bedding - queen sleeper sofa in the cottage living area suitable for 2 children only.
Show more details ...
The beach behind Rip Kai Greathouse is soft sand, but with limited barefoot entry into the reef-protected, marine environment. We do have some soft grasses & corals in the water to provide a safe harbor to teeming fish life. Please wear snorkel fins or foot protection when fish-watching.
The sandy beach is sloped to provide privacy around the pool area from the rare passersby, but also provides plenty of room for throwing a frisbee, football, sunbathing or taking walks east or west.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Rum Point can experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed. Sargassum is a generally harmless, seasonal (late summer) floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
The Guest Service & Transport Fee includes your Silver Thatch Platinum Membership.
- Arrival & Departure Group Airport Transfer via Motorcoach (7-day min. stay required)
- Assistance with Rental Car Reservations and At-Villa Rental Car Delivery
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at Preferred Vendors
- 10% advance booking discount for private Silver Thatch scuba and snorkel charters
- Complimentary delivery of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & delivery
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & delivery
- Coordination of special events, private dinners & private transportation
- Referral to preferred vendors, restaurants, and watersports
- Fast-Track VIP Airport Arrival through Immigration & Customs (fee charged by CIAA).
- At-villa meet & greet with your property manager on the day of arrival
- Complimentary convenience & activity items delivered: baby equipment, snorkel equipment, Apple TVs, and Bluetooth speakers.
- Welcome amenity gift basket: champagne, locally-sourced products
- Weekday, non-holiday, 3-hour block of light housekeeping (min. 7-day stay required)
- Luxury linens, towels, pool towels & robes provided
- Gilchrist & Soames soap, body wash, lotion, shampoo & conditioner per bathroom
- Complimentary early check-in or late check-out if no conflict
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting, massage, or family photography services
- $5,000 of Accidental Damage Protection included for villa (indoor items/decor)
- 2 complimentary tandem kayaks, 2 single kayaks, and (4) sea-view snorkel boards provided - signed waiver required
- Additional tandem kayaks, single kayaks, and sea-view boards are available for discounted rental & free delivery*
- Paddleboards are not recommended for this location due to coral heads, marine environment, and shallow waters
*Signed waiver required.
- 5-nights minimum stays in summer, 7-nights in winter preferred
- Contact us for shorter stays (or longer-term inquiries for incentives).
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the villa during the entire stay.
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wires for payments.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 12.90% Service and Transportation Fee added to all rates.
- 3.50% admin fee added to all guest charges
- Villa requires a refundable excess cleaning deposit of $2,500, plus a refundable damage deposit of $7,500.
- Optional add-ons for chef/cook services, yoga, massage, bartenders, etc.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 2 miles to Bioluminescent Bay and Rum Point Beach (temporarily closed)
- 2.5 miles to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill and Starfish Point
- 2.8 miles to the nearest general store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 4.7 miles to Over the Edge restaurant
- 7.2 miles from our Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 11 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
- 13 miles to Tukka East restaurant.
- 24.5 miles (45 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.