Finger Cay Road, in tranquil Cayman Kai, is where you’ll find S'Kai Blue, a lovely family vacation home with an enormous pool, sandy beach, and private dock. Open-ocean, westerly views from the screen porch and pool deck are perfect for cocktail hour or evening grilling.
This open-concept, Caribbean-style villa is perfect for the family or larger group who wants to spread out. A wall of glass doors and windows opens to the full-width screen porch and pool deck, with views of the beach and protected calm waters.
An upgraded fiber internet connection provides reliable speeds and increased bandwidth for indoor and outdoor connectivity.
The oversized freshwater pool with a large pool deck and cabana is perfect for sunbathers. The pool deck comes furnished with a lounge sitting area and sun deck complete with sun beds and a shade umbrella. A recently installed heat pump offers optional pool heat for a daily US$50 surcharge.
The spacious, open-concept great room links the large living and dining areas with the kitchen. Glass doors provide seamless indoor/outdoor living allowing our guests to open the great room to the home’s full-width, screened veranda on days when air conditioning is not necessary.
S’Kai Blue has 3 bedroom suites upstairs and a primary suite on the lower level. There are two laundry closets, one on each floor with stacked washer and dry units.
(Sleeps 11 Guests or 10 Adults Max)
- Primary Suite - lower level, king bed, walk-out access to screened porch, ensuite bath with double vanity, large walk-in shower with dual showerheads.
- West Suite - upper-level, queen bed, vaulted ceilings, waterfront views, ensuite bath with tiled shower.
- Middle Suite - upper-level, full bed + trundle day bed (2 twins), vaulted ceilings, waterfront views, ensuite bath with double vanity, walk-in shower.
- East Suite - upper-level, queen + twin bed, waterfront views, vaulted ceilings, ensuite bath, shower/tub combination.
This 4-bedroom home is sometimes rented along with 3-bedroom Peace & Kai It which is separated by just one lot. It's perfect for larger groups who wish to be near one another but prefer to stay under separate roofs. We list this option as S'Kai Villas.
The Cayman Kai cove is home to the island’s famous Bioluminescent Bay. Guests can launch kayaks off the villa’s private beachfront on a moonless night to explore the glowing waters.
The water in the cove has a softer bottom not ideal for swimming. The best swimming and snorkeling can be found at the Rum Point Club just a 5-minute walk north. The Rum Point Club (reopening Spring 2023) offers water sports activities from jet ski rentals to guided dives, plus a restaurant, beach bar & grill, and a gift shop.
S'Kai Blue is also only a 5-minute walk to the Kaibo Marina's coffee shop, restaurants, and ferry service to Camana Bay.
Come experience easy island living in beautiful Cayman Kai!
*Note: A Cleaning Fee is included due to enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and inspection protocols.
**Additional Silver Thatch tandem kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental. Signed waiver required.
Show more details ...
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The cove-front homes in Cayman Kai offer calm, serene waters for docking a rental boat, permitting charter captain pick-up, or just safe shallow water for little children to wade in. The water is shallow, has a soft bottom, and there is no reef here for marine life, however, we do see the occasional turtle, eagle ray or tarpon swim by!
The beaches are flat white barefoot sand. There is usually little breeze here to speak of. Many homes in Cayman Kai offer a screened porch. The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club within a short walk that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, water sports options, a restaurant and bar, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also nearby is The Kaibo, a beachfront restaurant, bar, and marina.
The Cayman Ferries also depart the Kaibo for Camana Bay and 7 Mile Beach.
About 20 minutes east there are 2 large resorts (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches, plus restaurants, a grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet ski rentals, windsurfing, kiteboarding, ocean front pools and bar service.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically “public” since the Queen owns up to the high water mark and the shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website because of the weather. The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Homes in Cayman Kai RARELY experience any seaweed as the cove is protected.
Should sargassum weed find its way behind your property, we will reach out to the owner to have it removed. We try our best to work around mother nature.
The 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership.
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Discount Card for savings at local businesses
- 10% advance booking discount for private charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $3,000 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- Additional Kayaks and Paddleboards (SUPs) available for discounted rental*
*Signed waiver required
Guest Reviews of S'Kai BlueCayman Kai , Grand Cayman
6 user reviewsstars based on
Amazing House on Finger Cay
Thank you for your kind words. S'Kai Blue is a special home. We hope you can come back again soon.
Grand Cayman Villas
for whatever you want to do
Thank you for your kind review. Please come back soon!
Great villa for a family gathering!
Beautiful Home in a great location!!
Thank you! Please come back to S'Kai Blue soon! Scott
- 5-night minimum stay is required.
- 6-night minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7-night minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's dates are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
All villas are cleaned and sanitized prior to each guest's arrival. We also ask our owners to provide a starter supply of extra cleaning products.
Additional housekeeping services can be purchased after booking in 3-hour time blocks. Scheduling may be coordinated with your property manager upon arrival.
Taxes & Fees
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes your Silver Thatch Membership
- Guest Service Fee is capped at 10 days for extended stays
- Owner requires a $1,500 refundable excess cleaning and damage deposit
- Pool Heat Optional for US$50/day (heats to mid-80's)
- We accept Visa, MC, Discover, and Bank Wire for payments.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Home is on the island's Bioluminescent Bay
- 15-minute walk to Rum Point Beach (temporarily closed)
- 10-minute walk to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 1.0 miles south to Starfish Point
- 5.0 miles to the nearest general store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 6.9 miles east to Over the Edge restaurant
- 7.4 miles east to Cayman Crystal Caves
- 9.4 miles from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 13.2 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
- 26.2 miles (51-minute drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.